• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US Army, 84-87 31victor. Kansan, you were getting out just as i was getting in. Fort Sill, OK. Many off base visits to "the strip" in Lawton OK

US Army, 84-87 31victor. Kansan, you were getting out just as i was getting in. Fort Sill, OK. Many off base visits to "the strip" in Lawton OK
Same here, 31V, joined in '84. When did you start AIT? I was in Charlie Battery. Is it possible we were at the school at the same time?

US Army 1966-1988 Combat Engineer all the usual places in Asia & Europe for that time period

Texas State Guard MP 1989-1999

i see pictures of those guys in Iraq/Afganistan and two things happen:
1. I seem to get some dust in my eyes....
2. I get a guilty feeling that i'm not there too

(i'm not sure what value i'd be now that i'm over 60, maybe i could sweep and clean)

rayb

rayb; I got the same allergies!! :boohoo: No cure, I hope. I guess ya could call us the unofficial Home Guard :: Hope we ain't needed :shocking:but if ya have feel the need to dust off your sweeper, call me, I'll cover ya! :peace: Served with some good men from Texas :)
Sniper

Left USN in '62 wearing submarine dolphins. In those days we carried private firearms on the boat, usually in our racks. I had an 88 Winchester, a Ruger Blackhawk and a C&B Colt. That's how I got started on BP.

Can't say where I've been, but my boat, Gudgeon is the subject of a chapter in the book, Blind Man's Bluff.

Same here, 31V, joined in '84. When did you start AIT? I was in Charlie Battery. Is it possible we were at the school at the same time?

Possibly. I did my basic at Dix and went to AIT Sept-Dec of 1984. Remeber SGT Buska, the drill sgt bolo with the accent?

That was just before me. I started Basic at Ft. Sill in Nov. '84 (always snowed when we were out on bivouac), and I started AIT there in Feb. '85. So I was there right after you.

How could I forget Sgt. Buska? I wasn't in his Battery, but I definitely remember him and his early morning "Buska-drills". :haha:

Remember going to that tiny shoppette by the school to spend money on their junk? Every time I was in that little dive, George Michael's "Careless Whisper" was playing on the juke box. Aaaaggghhh! I still have nightmares everytime I hear George Michael... :haha:

So dose this mean that you can find your 4th point of contact.................and not the Drop Zone :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :sorry: :sorry: :thumbsup: :redthumb:

USN from 1974-1979, left as a 2nd class PO Torpeodomans mate, them were some big air guns!!! Only got to fire 2 my whole hitch.
Instead of 'seeing the world' they stuck me with 2 Ship Yard periods in Long Beach on 2 different ships, USS Horne (Guided missle cruiser) and USS Ramsey (Frigate), first ship was out of Newport RI, a 1944 Destroyer USS Holder DD-819.

:redthumb:

Back