• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED RamRod Puller

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I carry a short piece of rope or string, tie it around a post or tree and pull. I've done it this way for years since my wife Dry Balled and I was going to show her how to pull a load. She weighed 110 and I was 175, I pulled her all around the range until the rod broke and I almost put my eye out

Something which is easily made. A metal rod, drill and tap a 8-32 and a 10-32 so you cover them both and insert screws. Very easily carried in you bag.
Doc,

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I've found if I run a bit of patch lub down the barrel and let the stuck patch soak it up, the ramrod comes out much easier. It's usually the dry patch that gets stuck.

Last edited:
I never heard of such a contraption. That seems pretty me a problem that doesn't occur often enough to justify carrying whatever gets the ramrod unstuck, but remembering to the 70's it happened to me. My state announced an early deer season for muzzleloaders. I rushed out and bought one for less than $100, an inline that used regular caps. My first time out with it I managed to get the rod stuck. I can't remember how, but I do remember how high it went when I shot it out. Since then I have never heard of it happening.

Everyone has opinions, personally I had one of these and did not care for it and sold it.

It takes two hands to operate which means you have to have some way of making the rifle immoveable and pull on the rod.
Anything that lets you make the ramrod immoveable instead of the gun so you can pull on the gun works better for me.

A stout string tied to the ramrod and then hooked to whatever, or better yet a ramrod threaded on the end so a "T" handle or whatever can be pulled on.

Prairieland Frontiersmen have a piece of angle iron with a slot in it mounted in the rafters of the range cover so you can slip the "T" handle in the slot and pull down on the gun.

Back