• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range report Jukar longrifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cratwelder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I shot this rifle today, its an old Jukar caplock long rifle in 45 caliber. I had it for sale or trade awhile back on the classifeds section, and I got offered got offered 100 bucks because it was "spanish junk". Serial number is 0000120, and I was shooting in the kneeling offhand position at a 3 inch circle.
jukarrangesection006.jpg

range was 70 yards.....not too bad for "spanish junk".........lol

Hello from Germany!

Good shooting! This "spanish junk" doesn't shoot bad at all because it has good barrels. Traditions is also spanish. Have a look at the foto topic and see how my "spanish junk" the Deerhunter in .45 has shooten!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Goog shootin. I have a CVA Kentuky 45 and the four Grandkids ages 8 to 18 were up at Christmas. We had a ball shooting it at 25 yds free standing. I was loading 40grs of FFF Goex. My hunting load is 60grs. I should have took a picture of the target before the 11 yr old took it home with him. We had a lot of fun and they shoot great.

I've had a brand new one one of these (in return for a favor done) in kit form for years. Never got around to assembling it. It's encouraging to know that they can shoot well. Just the same, I'd really like to use a one-piece stock for the build. Does anyone know of a supplier of a drop-in (or "almost drop-in", even better) stock ?

I love it when kids shoot and enjoy it!!! Waiting on my first grandchild now...2 more months. This old rifle, 3 digit serial number surprises the devil out of me everytime I shoot it. I did change out the front thick brass blade sight, with a nice slim one from Track Of the Wolf. No matter how many weapons I own...I tend to grab that one when its time to make meat.

That is dang good shootin no matter brand of rifle. I Own nothin but the Spanish brand rifles and they are all good shooters but your old piece of Spanish junk shoots extra special good.

Don

I forgot to say the reason the 11 yr old took the target home was he out shot us all. He had one right next to the bulls eye. There were six of us shooting. I had only took two shots the first and last, but the rest of them took about 6 shots a piece. I was doing the loading. The next time the boys said they would like to lean more about it and learn to load. The older boys hunt deer with center fire rifles but the distance they live they don't get up to see us much. But its cheap shooting fun. I don't think any of those rifles won't shoot good. The triggers are not very good. But even the young boys were able to squeeze the trigger. Of course they were using shooting stick to hold the rifle. My CVA is an earlier one that has a adjustable trigger screw located inside. Its still pretty heavy pull. But they had a softball size group going. And best of all BIG SMILES :)

Good shooting. I have a couple of them,plus 10 other Spain made ones. My first flint was a CVA Kentucky. My grandson,Silent Sniper shot a groundhog 65yrds right in the head with one of my Jugar's and hog was down on ground,not standing up. And he haven't shot it much. :thumbsup: Dilly

Thanks everyone...I had a good shooting day....I am just about ready to trade off my TC and get another one of those 2 piece stock long rifles.

better hang on to that T/C and just buy another rifle.you can't have too many.i keep trying to convince my wife of that.good looking group.

I've never owned a Jukar, but as for "Spanish Junk" I can say everything on my Spanish Tradtitions rifle was junk except the barrel. Looks like your's is at least as good. That picture speaks to your skill as well. :thumbsup:

That's a fine looking group. I just bought a Jukar .45, it's getting delivered today. Can't wait to get it out to the range. I noticed you use a .010" patch. What type of patch lube did you use? Thanks.
Bob

Looks like a keeper to me!
Doesnt matter what it is or where it was made. You seem to do just fine with it, so a match is made!

When the pig poops diamonds, you dont sell the pig!

Kirrmeister said:
Hello from Germany!

Good shooting! This "spanish junk" doesn't shoot bad at all because it has good barrels. Traditions is also spanish. Have a look at the foto topic and see how my "spanish junk" the Deerhunter in .45 has shooten!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Ironicaly Traditions and C.V.A. are prety much syblings.
When Camel Tent purchased C.V.A. in the mid '80s and subsequently broke the purchase aggrement by displacing the current employees with their own people, the former C.V.A. employees became Ardessa while still based in Spain and later Traditions when the base of operations was moved to the U.S. in the early '90s.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Order a stock of your choice from Pecatonica (or any supplier you choose). Just have the barrel channel and ramrod groove cut. Then fit your parts to the stock. That is what I did with a mixed batch of parts. The furniture was from a CVA kentucky, the lock an old Dixie Gun works Belgian import and the barrel and old Euroarms "Kentuckian" .45 cal 13/16". I had bought a "second" stock for $50 + shipping since this was basically an experimental first time build.Can't find the full length picture, but there is a sap line that makes it a "second". The trigger guard was new-not CVA and the trigger(although I used the CVA trigger plate).I also used a different side plate because I went with one lock bolt.All-in-all right at $300 in parts.
IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1254.jpg
IMG_1251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys......and as for the lube....they are the prelubed ox yoke round patches you buy off the shelf.

I am gonna check into that new stock idea......wish I could convert her to a flinter, and a new stock...what a rifle that would be.

Awesome group! I have been eying a Juker that has been hanging in an antique shop in the closest town to me for a couple months. They want 150-175 for it, and I am itching to snatch it up. It balances darn good on the shoulder. It says 50 cal on the tag, but I think it is a forty-five.

Sounds like the barrels almost worth the money by themselves. I keep looking at that funky stock, but just the same, I can't see it when I'm looking down the sights.

Yay or Nay folks, should I go for it?

Back