• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rebuilding a 1728 French Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indian muskets made between 1970 and 1980 were actually made and shipped as firearms, these were high quality reproductions, they’re rare on the market. They were not the same as the guns produced today. They were stocked in African or Turkish walnut and. Distributed and sold by at lot of British vendors such as Henry Krank. Things changed when Indian gun export laws became stricture, but what’s being produced now is nothing compared to what was produced in the past.

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    2.2 MB
  • IMG_4286.jpeg
    IMG_4286.jpeg
    2.4 MB
  • IMG_4287.jpeg
    IMG_4287.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
    IMG_4288.jpeg
    2 MB
The 70s and 80s Indian muskets seem to be pretty well made! This one is dated 1982 - parts are sturdy and strong, just a bit heavy.
Mine has the Udaipour markings that's one of the cities having the factories. I had a good experience years ago with Veteran Arms, very helpful guy, I bought 2 or 3 muskets from him and he wrote me an actual pen-and-ink page about the muskets when I made an inquiry about mine.

This is super interesting! Thanks! I do note mine, from the 1980 approx. period, seems to be very nice quality all around. It belonged to a guy who did the Washington impression going over the Delaware at Christmas re-enactment at Wash. Crossing PA/NJ. It was in his estate auction sale, of course he didn't use it for the George impression, but you know how re-enactors are, they have all sorts of cool stuff! My India Bess has a fine bayonet with it, too. Thanks, FlinterNick!

Back