• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rebuilding a 1728 French Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indian muskets made between 1970 and 1980 were actually made and shipped as firearms, these were high quality reproductions, they’re rare on the market. They were not the same as the guns produced today. They were stocked in African or Turkish walnut and. Distributed and sold by at lot of British vendors such as Henry Krank. Things changed when Indian gun export laws became stricture, but what’s being produced now is nothing compared to what was produced in the past.

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    2.2 MB
  • IMG_4286.jpeg
    IMG_4286.jpeg
    2.4 MB
  • IMG_4287.jpeg
    IMG_4287.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
    IMG_4288.jpeg
    2 MB
The 70s and 80s Indian muskets seem to be pretty well made! This one is dated 1982 - parts are sturdy and strong, just a bit heavy.
Mine has the Udaipour markings that's one of the cities having the factories. I had a good experience years ago with Veteran Arms, very helpful guy, I bought 2 or 3 muskets from him and he wrote me an actual pen-and-ink page about the muskets when I made an inquiry about mine.

This is super interesting! Thanks! I do note mine, from the 1980 approx. period, seems to be very nice quality all around. It belonged to a guy who did the Washington impression going over the Delaware at Christmas re-enactment at Wash. Crossing PA/NJ. It was in his estate auction sale, of course he didn't use it for the George impression, but you know how re-enactors are, they have all sorts of cool stuff! My India Bess has a fine bayonet with it, too. Thanks, FlinterNick!

Jean Boudroits French arms sketches 1717-1777 barrels
Yes excellent work if its all in French you can still follow it . I ran two photo copes at Kinkos the original's being rare so ones a spare to sell . The Muskets Kranks/ Longstaff sold I had a lot to do with I don't recall any with Indian proofs nor especially quality stocks , I just got shattered rejects worked them up & had them Birmingham proofed to sell in the US they went like hot cakes ! Rudyard thusly curious about these early ones. When I was down in India (Allways wanted to say that !)mid 70s I saw Mutiny type Enfield'.s for local trade Proofed at Indian Ordnance factory near Cawnpore . ( They call it Kanpur but I stay with the proper spelling no silly Moombuy or Kolcuta nonsense in my day .)I was born in 1944 We still had the Raj .But then we still had the War Not that I was too aware being young you understand .Ime down as being born in Fleet Street Sheffield but it was a ' Court 'of 4 houses hit by a German bomb killing all the families in 1940 but seemingly number 13 wasn't occupied or escaped major damage I don't remember that house but do remember the bomb damaged Town Center. Story was Gerry mistook the shiny moon lit tram tracks for rail tracks most of the Moor as it was called was flattened .However I digress & seemed to have strayed from Indian muskets , Pardon my transgression Ime 80 today. Rudyard

Back