• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
a guy i know has one for 125 , the gun is in fair condition, what are they going for now days ?? does any one make a drop in shotgun barrel for the renegade ?

They're going 200 and up if the bores good.
The Lock, Trigger and stock alone are worth 125.
1" drop ins are out there if ya look around, and plenty of guy's have fitted 15/16" barrels to the 1" channel.

Yes they make a drop in 56 cal. smoothbore barrel'
Check the classified ads...there is a 50 cal Renegade plus a 56 cal smoothbore combo deal for ssale there.

My .54 Renegade is listed in the classified. You might have to go back a ways.....

TC made a 56 cal SB

GM made a 62 cal SB and I think at one time a 54 SB

Toledo made choked 12ga barrels

And pitted neglected 1" TC barrels are easy to come by and get reamed to larger bore for small money.

As a matter of fact, I did fit a 15/16 GM round ball barrel in a 1" Renegade stock. All that is required is to blend the flats on the tang to match the barrel and reblue it and since the wedge piece on the barrel is screwed on, just add a spacer of 1/16" and it leaves a 1/32 gap on each side which is hardly noticeable. The barrel is a little longer, which looks great in a Renegade stock.

A 56 cal TC smooth bore is going to be difficult to find. You can find them but not everyday.

Back