• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Repairable?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was considering this piece, but it seems obvious to me that the arbors bent in two directions as well as the mating surface being hinkied up. Whats a guy looking at to repair it? Im sure parts, new or used, would be impossible to find.
665C8263-8C81-4A9A-84EB-06BB6CC616E1.jpeg84FF8044-0FB7-41EB-BAB3-A4C2D66BD738.jpeg4CCEA9A5-C0C6-40AE-9814-92B70B65D4D7.jpeg2105235D-1DC0-4319-AA77-FFF42EC73D71.jpeg29488FE6-429E-46E0-93E7-2527F2B4796A.jpeg

Belgian made? Yes, I'm sure factory parts would be hard to find. Possibly Uberti parts may be adaptable to it, only way to know would be to try. As to whether it's worth trying it would totally depend on the price to acquire the revolver.

It looks like someone pried on the barrel to get it off the frame. If the damage is confined to the arbor a new one might fix it. If they damaged the frame threads it's gonna' be a job for a machinist to have any hope of repair. I have handled original Colts with similar issues from people mishandling them over the years. Most were at a point where they were only fit for wall hanger status. The gun in question looks decent otherwise but it would have to be cheap before I risked my money on it. If you could take it apart to get an idea just how much damage there is (and to what parts) it would certainly help in figuring out what is needed to fix it.

To provide some guidance making and fitting a newly made arbor over here in Germany for a Centaure would be approx. € 150 which equals ca. $ 145.
Long Johns Wolf

I was considering this piece, but it seems obvious to me that the arbors bent in two directions as well as the mating surface being hinkied up. Whats a guy looking at to repair it? Im sure parts, new or used, would be impossible to find.
View attachment 169197View attachment 169198View attachment 169199View attachment 169200View attachment 169201
I'd give it a go at repair if the price was right. Looks like the lower frame is still straight from how the trigger plated fits up. Lug pins are probably bent and cracked . On the Centeaur I just over hauled they looked like they are cast one piece with the frame and because of the case hardening may be cracked. New pins would need made up, holes repaired and pins reset.
A new arbor can quite easily be machined if no replacement could be had. It would be a great project for a home machinist.
Probably got bent busting some one over the head Hollywood Cowboy fashion ! Stupid movie stuff has probably ruined a lot of good guns over the years and it's not good for even solid frame guns . Another bad/stupid "Hollywood" practice is using the butt to drive nails !

Last edited:
Looks like the cylinder is contacting the barrel. Fix arbor fit first and see how it all lines up. If the damage is only on outside it may pull up just fine. Only other thing is if windage is off the mating surface on barrel may need slight tapper to bring in the windage.
Is it possible the guide pins are bottoming out?

View attachment 169197View attachment 169198View attachment 169199View attachment 169200View attachment 169201
I don't recall names, but I've seen mention here about one or two really good revolver guys maybe someone could fix you up but with cost of shipping, etc., it may not pay.

I know Centaures are collectible and all , however, you have to ask yourself if that thing won't become like adjusting a table by filing on a leg....

Or if it will just end up in the pile of never ending projects

Back