• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Report on demonstration

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonredbeard

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I arrived early and got all my stuff set up, crawled into my company truck and put on my fustian knee britches and hunting shirt. About that time my wife arrived with the class. There were about fifteen boys and three girls, all teens. I saw they were impressed with all my plunder and the two rifles and my pistol on its loading stand on the table. After explaining about all my stuff, I told them I would load and fire the gonnes. I decided to get the wheellock out of the way first. After Labor day weekend and doing some repairs to the lock last Saturday I had lost some confidence. If it didn't fire I would save myself some by shooting the flinters. Now the boys seemed in awe of the gonnes. But! You know, you just know! If the gonne had failed to fire they would instantly have been transformed into hecklers. It could have a huge hangfire and still be okay but a failure... So I loaded, spanned, primed and turned to fire at the target set up in the field. I was greeted by totaly instant FIRE! It lit so fast I was shocked myself. Then I elevated five of them to celebrity by asking if any of them play with flinters. That is how many said yes. Now they were connected to the dude who could make that awesome contraption go bang. Well I asked them if they caught how fast it fired and all nodded assent. So I fired Der Schmiser, my flint yeager, and then the PA pistole. Both fired as fast as flinters can. Then I started a nest of tow on fire with flint, steel and charcloth. As my wife began to herd them back to the building one of them called, "can we shoot your guns?" No compliment could have been more satisfying.
God bless.
volatpluvia

GREAT JOB! Thank You! you may have planted a seed...or more! keep up the great work! :hatsoff: :thumbsup: RC

RC said:
GREAT JOB! Thank You! you may have planted a seed...or more! keep up the great work! :hatsoff: :thumbsup: RC
Ditto V Man. :thumbsup:
It's always nice when one can bring the other senses in on a lesson. This is something these kids won't soon forget. :hatsoff:
Did they mention the smell of the plack powder? :winking:

Good job v-man, Good job.
you probably messed up some kid for life :grin: they probably even got in the smoke and are now over come with BP Fever, heck you may even get a new young member in your group :hmm: . Good work !

Wish I had someone do that when I lived in Lancaster. What school was it for? I'm From Lititz area. Warwick High School.

SquirrelFlinter,
This was at the Grand View Heights Christian Acadamy at the Ephrata Church of the Nazarene. That is why I didn't have any trouble with the authorities for doing this. If my wife, Ms. Audrey, had told the right persons, the whole school would have been out to see it. They wanted to take lots of pictures. Hhhmmmnnn! I could have been a star. We, Ms. Audrey and I, are going to take some pictures soon at the range to give to the interested parties at the school.
volatpluvia

volatpluvia said:
SquirrelFlinter,
This was at the Grand View Heights Christian Acadamy at the Ephrata Church of the Nazarene. That is why I didn't have any trouble with the authorities for doing this. If my wife, Ms. Audrey, had told the right persons, the whole school would have been out to see it. They wanted to take lots of pictures. Hhhmmmnnn! I could have been a star. We, Ms. Audrey and I, are going to take some pictures soon at the range to give to the interested parties at the school.
volatpluvia

I thought so, if the NEA found out you did this for public school kids, they would have you charged with wanton endangerment or child abuse.

Back