• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stereotyping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I discovered black powder guns about 15 years ago. Fell in love with them. Especially revolvers and pistols.
I am in a revolver group and was showing some of my collection. Some idiot posts "Tell me your not a felon without telling me your not a felon"
I simply stated "I have an FFL and Texas LTC. He didn't reply.
Where people come up with the idea that only felons own black powder guns is beyond me.

Another thing, some people are absolutely terrified of black powder guns.
Its gonna blow up in your face. It's gonna take your hand off and so forth.
Others don't want to mess with loading and cleaning. Don't know how many black powder guns came up for sale during and after the panickdemic. But it was a lot.

I hate that. A couple of years ago I was talking to someone about shooting with the local muzzleloader club (upstanding citizens all) and he said "you're hanging out with a bunch of felons, you know!" What the heck. A bit like assuming that everyone you see riding a horse had their driver's license revoked.

I hate that. A couple of years ago I was talking to someone about shooting with the local muzzleloader club (upstanding citizens all) and he said "you're hanging out with a bunch of felons, you know!" What the heck. A bit like assuming that everyone you see riding a horse had their driver's license revoked.
Exactly, or riding a bicycle. Was with my brother and there was a guy riding a bike carrying a grocery bag.and he said "Probably doesn't have a driver license"
A little arguing ensued.

Exactly, or riding a bicycle. Was with my brother and there was a guy riding a bike carrying a grocery bag.and he said "Probably doesn't have a driver license"
A little arguing ensued.
Around here, a grown man on a moped or scooter is said to be riding his "liquorcycle!" 😄 Bicyclysts we got a-plenty; they're called other things...

But seriously, try and disregard the boneheads. I think what's most revealing of their low character is that they have to stir up trouble or put others down in order to feel important or strong.

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine just got his first muzzleloader. I'm gonna gift him some BP & caps soon as I see him. Keep the faith!

I didn't think felons in most of this country can have muzzloader...

Google says NO when I search it.

I'm pretty sure "felons" don't care if they acquire firearms legally. Maybe some of them want a gun for self defense. Can't see a felon stocking up on BP revolvers and rifles.

If you can’t tell a serious black powder shooter from a felon trying to skirt the laws you need an education.
Exactly, I had posted a picture of a few of my collection of Confederate revolvers. Can't see where he came up that I might be a felon.

Attachments

• 20240403_083518.jpg
    20240403_083518.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Back