• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

t/c 45 ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks to all that have made posts. i am alittle down, the guy send me some pics . i believe its a hawkins. the butt plate. hammer, tigger guard . all are diffrent . i found many pics of guns just like it on the web that said it was a hawkins.so whats a 45 cal hawkins worth now days ??

A TC Hawken in good shape is worth $300 to $350. Once in a while guys falling to a deal and get one for $100 or so. If you want a rifle to shoot and hunt with the TC Hawken is a better rifle than the TC Cherokee or Seneca.

well i set up a time to meet with the dude saturday . so i will let ya know how it turns out . thanks again

I`d jump on it for $75. Just a few weeks ago I picked up a real nice .45cal T/C Hawken at a local gunshop for $170. I think I got a good deal. Even if the bore is junk you could part it out and do okay.

hey guys , i ended up buying it turned out the guy left it sitting two years and couldnt get it unloaded . so he was trying to dump it . so i got it for 50 instead of 75. i was able to get it unloaded .and the guns not in the bad of shape , but i have a problem . i was cleaning it and my jig with a patch got stuck at the bottom of the barrel . and its really stuck i pulled the handle off the cleaning rod trying to pull it back out .only thing i can think of is to pur something down the barrel that will deslove the patch and let the jig become free . any thoughts on this ????

a little trick i learned right here on this site : remove the nipple, screw in a 1/4inch grease fittin' finger tight, and pump it out with a grease gun. a bit messy and wastes a little grease but sure was easy. and ya don't hafta worry 'bout rust :haha: . luck to ya, enjoy the gun, and have a good'en neighbor, bubba.

Just for chuckles, what does the barrel measure, across-the-flats, 13/16" or 15/16" ?

good idea about the grease fitting . i didnt realize they made one that would just screw in in place of the nipple. the barrel is 15/16 across

Back