• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Cherokee/Seneca question.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim West Pa

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a T/C .45 Cherokee Bbl will fit a T/C Seneca ?
In trying to fine a .45 Seneca Bbl i came across a .45 Cherokee Bbl.

I believe they interchange, I have a Cherokee in 45 I am changing to a 36. The 45 kicks to much for kids to shoot and that's what I got it for.It kick's pretty good for me too.

It should fit but I would expect that you will have to cut a bit of the under rib off to get it to fit the stock. I had a 45 caliber barrel for my seneca and was not impressed with the accuracty. I got a TC Hawken in 45 and it shoots way better than the Seneca ever did. Traded the Seneca 45 caliber barrel on a 36 Seneca barrel. The 36 shoots a lot better than the orginal barrel ever did.

Thanx Drago and Trapper. I truly 'preciate the input.
Seems Trapper, that i recall hearin your lack of accuracey advice before.
I have A T/C Hawken in .45 but it's a bit heavy for my wife.
Maybe i should reconcider gittin a .45 Cherokee Bbl for our Seneca and just try and find a good priced Cherokee in .45.

what loads are you using?

I shoot a 45 Vincent and even with that skinny hooked butt with 55 gr 3Fg and PRB I hardly feel it, and that's only a 7.3 lb. gun.

If you load it down to 30 gr it ought to be like a .22 rf.

I tried it once with 45 or 50 grains and got a good cheek slap. I was trying to reduce loads but wind was about 40 mph so I gave up.

Jim West Pa said:
Thanx Drago and Trapper. I truly 'preciate the input.
Seems Trapper, that i recall hearin your lack of accuracey advice before.
I have A T/C Hawken in .45 but it's a bit heavy for my wife.
Maybe i should reconcider gittin a .45 Cherokee Bbl for our Seneca and just try and find a good priced Cherokee in .45.

Yes I have posted that info before. I talked with a friend who is a TC collector and has shot a lot of those little guns, and he felt the same way. My old Seneca did shoot good enough to shoot deer out to say 50 yards. Just wouldn't drive tacks like the TC Hawken 45 I have. If the gun is to be used by your wife and it is for hunting I think you will be ok. Another option would be to have someone build you a 45 for your Seneca using a Green MT barrel. Track of the would will do it as would Cains outdoors. I like the longer barrel that you get with a Seneca over a Cherokee.

if a person follows a common sense rule of 1 grain per caliber you get a load of .45 grns for the seneca rifle. mine never "kicked" and did a fine job on amid sized black tail. :idunno:

TC uses 70 grains of 2F for their testing on 45 caliber Seneca rifles. I wouldn't load one of those little rifles too heavy as the stocks are known to split from it. However I have shot the TC load of 70 grains and it was pretty good. Would work for hunting with PRB.

My 21 year-old grand daughter is shooting a .45 Cherokee that I did from a kit. It's a tack driver. It's load is 43 grains of 2ffg Geox with a .445 round ball with a .018 Teflon patch. I chronograph-ed it at 1385fps. She did a great job on 100yard rams at our clubs last silhouette shoot.

Latest posts

Back