• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

the last of the mohicans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukewellington

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just brought the DVD and will probally watch it tongiht. Anyone else on here seen it, if so what did you think?

Acting, costuming, and music are great. Scenery is outstanding.

I like to watch it for the anachronisms, like the two buses in the background as they leave Ft William Henry, and the parachute flare during the seige . . . :haha:

I've always felt that the opening scene to LOTM was the most dramatic opening scene to any movie I have ever seen.

I love the movie, and will never grow tired of it.

My inlaws live in Morganton, North Carolina about 30 minutes from Linville falls and the Lineville Gorge where much of the movie was filmed. We did some hiking there. Beautiful country. We try to get up there every fall when the colors are changing. I, too love the movie.

Last of The Mohican's is one of my most favorite movies. The book is exceptional as well. We have a rotation of movies in our house, LOTM and Master and Commander are the best of the lot.

Loved the movie. Bought the DVD. Watch it all the time. And now have oldarmy getting ready to start building me the rifle. Never get tired of it. Love the opening scene too. Pretty cool. Always have to laugh when I see the stagehand in the red shirt scaring the elk down the path by shaking the bushes. :haha:

Turns out to be a "love" story, guess I should have read the book first. :haha:

I just love the final rescue scene that takes place on the mountain trail.

That's a great part. Wes Studi who played Magwah did an incredible job in the part.

Scotty R said:
That's a great part. Wes Studi who played Magwah did an incredible job in the part.

I found it... :thumbsup:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SoeDAPj6gg[/youtube]

That gun he carries is laying at the bottom of the water fall. They had made 2 for the shooting. Lucky them.

If you watch this scene, I don't believe the rifle is firing when he shoots Heywood, only the pan.

I think what really make LOTM so good is the musical score. You can watch the movie just one time and almost see it in your minds eye as you listen to the music. Great flick even with its oops parts.

The theme song that runs through the movie is called The Gael. The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards do an incredible rendition. Hold on to your seats fellas, this is good stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rSBYJcG8pg&feature=related[/youtube]

That is a real classic. I happened to be on a job in Monks Corner, SC about that time. We went out to the set where the old Mission in swamp hide out was. It was I think in a swamp near Lake Moultre not sure about the name.
The whole thing was made of white foam packing which looked liked lime stone in the movie. I recall how many big gators were in the water around the place. They didn't show any them in the movie. :confused:

a while ago i went to buy the 'origional sound track of lotm'. the store didnt have that one but the salesgirl said they had the sound track done by 'the royal scottish national orchestra'. i was a little leary but bought it anyway.... am i glad i did... little different from the origional but it blows it away... the barnes and noble website has them both with selections....

Aye, like good whiskey, the Scots make some great music. Haunting yet gets the blood going. Great movie as well.
Gary

I've lost track of the number of times I've watched it. While it has its elements of Hollywood fantasy, all in all it is a great movie. I have been known to listen to the movie running on my laptop while working. I recommend it highly....

Latest posts

Back