• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

US wolves taken off endangered list, clearing way for hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to the God Given right :thumbsup:

Let's get a post going one day about this

rabbit03

rabbit03 said:

rabbit03
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: it's a PRIVILEGE to be able to talk about your RIGHTS here! sorry rabbit,had to throw that at ya!

No way! IT's my RIGHT :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And Claud gimme dat right too :blah:

I sure appreciate the Forum as everyone does and enjoy it imensely.

Hi Claud :thumbsup:

rabbit03

Well, Im not going to pretend I know what its like in the eastern states. But I do know that in livestock country, when given a choice between hard to catch wild game or penned up livestock, large predators will 99.9% of the time go after the penned up livestock.
I dont know how someone could tell a rancher to "play nicely" with the critters that are killing his livelihood.

Hey Roundball.....do you know if they have those "black snakes" in maryland. While I was stationed at aberdeen proving grounds we'd find these real long black snakes (4-5 foot) out in the woods. Fast buggers. Could never figure out what species they were. Non-poisonous by the looks of it?

rabbit03 said:
No way! IT's my RIGHT :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And Claud gimme dat right too

rabbit03
ahhh, sorta like texas gives ya the "right" to hunt and drive.... okay i understand now! hehehe :blah: RC

barebackjack said:
Well, Im not going to pretend I know what its like in the eastern states. But I do know that in livestock country, when given a choice between hard to catch wild game or penned up livestock, large predators will 99.9% of the time go after the penned up livestock.
I dont know how someone could tell a rancher to "play nicely" with the critters that are killing his livelihood.
Hey Roundball.....do you know if they have those "black snakes" in maryland. While I was stationed at aberdeen proving grounds we'd find these real long black snakes (4-5 foot) out in the woods. Fast buggers. Could never figure out what species they were. Non-poisonous by the looks of it?
Sounds just like a "coach whip" as they seem to call them around here...a Black Snake...harmless and as I understand it are good with respect to rodent control...but I have also seen one go right up a tree and slide it's head inside a bluebird house in my yard and eat all the bluebird eggs :cursing: ...that one died with a full stomach !

Whoa there Paul!!!! Hang on big boy!!! What I was alluding to was that your sources implied, or apparantly irrefutably stated, that in the fall the momnma wolf was teaching the young to kill and not eat....everything knows how to eat....don't we!!! I agree with you that the offal does not go to waste in the wild. My point was and remains that predators will kill for the sheer joy of it, no matter the sex or season. That was not addressed in the post in question and I believe it of paramount importance. Your post made it sound, to me at least, as if there is a particular and practical reason for all their killing. That simply isn't true and in your last post you agree. All predators can be wanton killers of wildlife or domestic animals given the opportunity.

Paul, I agree with 95% of what you said....and as usual we probably agree 100%....it's that doggone "semantics" thing again. Don't go gettin' yer shorts in a wad! I really believe we're on the same side!

Vic

rabbit, that would be great and I would be an avid participant....but Claude won't let us talk about God here.

Vic

rabbit03 said:

rabbit03

I can't see how hunting could be looked at any other way than a God given right. I mean after all them animals are our food ain't they. What we supposed to do just talk em into gett'n in the fry'n pan.

All this talk about killing snakes is very
disturbing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
snake-eyes :hmm:

sharps4590 said:
rabbit, that would be great and I would be an avid participant....but Claude won't let us talk about God here.

Vic

Thanks for posting a reminder. I appreciate your help.

Here's a site that welcomes religious discussions.
[url] http://www.faithforum.org/community[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, looks like ole RC summed it all up perfectly :hatsoff:

For any doubters, one only has to go hunting without buying a hunting license, which is what "licenses us with the privlege to go hunting".

And if Game Wardens catch someone doing that they'll go into a well rehearsed dissertation about "rights", and "attorneys being appointed if we cannot afford one", etc, etc.

Then if there's still a misunderstanding, an opportunity will follow where a man wearing a robe attempt to clarify it further.

:grin:

We are fortunate to live in a country that is blessed w/ people who have a lot of common sense and knowing some would violate the harvesting of natural resources for selfish gain, instituted laws so that all people could partake of plentiful game populations. We criticize the various state game regulatory agencies and deride the judicial process that punishes the violators of our game laws, but w/o these same laws and enforcement, the "law of the jungle" would prevail and the game populations would decline as they did in our previous, unregulated "hunting" history. Sure, I can mention anecdotal instances of game regulatory abuse on hunters and a few inane game laws , but overall we're all better off w/ laws that insure future hunting and sufficient game populations. I consider hunting "my right" and not a privilege, but also gladly accept the limitations imposed on "my right" to insure bountiful game populations for the benefit of future hunters. As an aside, I don't think deities should play any part in this discussion, on this website.......Fred

I have seen enough documentation on the destructive nature of sustaining a pack of wolves in todays world to convince me there is no room for them and hunters too. I want my place in the limited available slots for "predator" and do not choose to share that spot with the wolves. I will kill every one that I am legally allowed to. Everyone else, do as you must. It's a free country.
Idaho PRB

Idaho PRB said:
I want my place in the limited available slots for "predator" and do not choose to share that spot with the wolves. I will kill every one that I am legally allowed to.

I used to think it was our opposable thumb and use of tools that set us apart from the other species, but I can see now that it is arrogance and egocentrism that makes us unique. :shake:

Hey Snake-Eyes, I know exactly what you mean especially when someone talks about rabbit :shocked2: hunting!

rabbit03 (the un-sportsman hunter)

Hunting is interpreted by me as being a right and not a privelege .

you may think it is a right, the government on the other hand says it is a privilege! Sense they are the one's with the cops with the guns and the right to blow your head off. They will suspend your privilege any time they want to.
Old Charlie

but w/o these same laws and enforcement, the "law of the jungle" would prevail and the game populations would decline as they did in our previous, unregulated "hunting" histo

I don't think so. People back then were hunting for food. Trying to stay alive. Most people will not eat wild game anymore. Unless they started to serve it at fast food joints I don't see a danger of depleting the game again.
Old Charlie

Wrong, illogical and dangerous thinking judging from our past history. The buffalo were decimated by the white hunters for food? Hides and tongues were the only things salvaged . The Rocky Mountain elk population was near extinction until laws and re-introduction caused an increase. The whitetail numbers have increased to such numbers that the annual Wisc. deer kill is over 300,000 and this is due to strict laws and enforcement. I don't doubt for a minute that if the game laws ceased to exist that a number of short sighted, greedy, thrill seeking people would decimate our game populations to extinction. Our history re-inforces this and some people won't or can't change otherwise our prison populations wouldn't be maxed out. "Head in the sand" logic that disregards our past history and endows humans w/ ethical, self imposed moral attributes is fortunately a minority viewpoint and is rightfully disregarded by most in this great country who have passed and supported laws that ensure that people behave in an ethical and moral manner......Fred

wait! wait! i'm pretty sure rabbit03 doesn't have a problem with laws, i cetainly don't an i realize what it would be without them.. the statement/quetion/observation was just whether hunting was a right or privilage,,nothing i read or said was, in my opinion, trying to say laws were a bad thing(yea okay some i'm not in agreement with,but still follow them!)oh gees w/o laws.. oh my..what most have said here is very true, the populations are up,reintroduction is working, hunting is probably better than it was 100 years ago... total agreement on that.. jes the right or privilage to hunt..i said privilage.rabbit said right.. thats all there were to it.. but glad to hear everyones opinions on such stuff! :thumbsup: RC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back