• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What for Wad or Filler ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LD, I think you may have answered your own question...

You said after you polished the 4” or so of the bore was when you first experienced the cutting in 6 tiny, symmetric holes.

What method was used to polish the barrels first 4”?

What method was used to polish the barrels first 4”?

I used 600 grit emory paper with a few drops of oil, wrapped around a 1/2" wooden dowel, and then carefully moved it back and forth in the 6 grooves locations..., so I think I got the edges, but as Appalachian Hunter pointed out, it may also be the edges of the crown. So I might have had two problems. The sides of the lands AND the crown. I chose the 4" portion because when loading that's where the most resistance is. Of course I understood the risk that the cutting may be caused by burrs deeper, and that what I was feeling when loading was the first part of the problem.

LD

Latest posts

Back