• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did one more thing to get better organized. As I’ve added calibers the last couple of years I’ve been keeping precut patches and strips in ziplock bags stuffed in my shooting box and they hide. I had an empty tackle box with enough compartments for .36, .45, .50, and .54 patches plus strips of various widths and thickness. And it fits inside my shooting box. The .62 cal stuff stays in a separate hunting bag.

Attachments

• IMG_2731.jpeg
    IMG_2731.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Been wanting a small ball pouch for the .50 rifle and pistol, so I whipped out this little bag in about an hour and used the air compressor trick again. Worked perfectly. Just wrapped tape around the nozzle to seal it up and make/keep the opening the right size. This will fit down nicely in my shooting bag and I won’t have to go digging around for those balls any more! The compressor dries these out quick! You can see it in the photos. Just need to dye it and make a plug! Holds about 25) .50 cal balls. Wished I had made it even smaller! 10 would be about perfect.

IMG_6604.jpeg

IMG_6606.jpeg

Last edited:
shot my whatzit for an hour. knapped some flints for it. takes a 1/2x5/8. they are tough for me to knap that small.
shot my .45 SMR for an hour. what a pleasant gun to shoot. had a browned front sight that i just couldn't see against a black bull so switched it out for a silver blade. filed it down and surprise, surprise, it was dead on at 50 yards when fired.
punched out some patches and lubed them. cleaned both rifles. time for a nap.

View attachment 258740

Received my new to me (and I'm betting never fired) cabelas sporter in .54 made by investarms. Chorizo has inspired me, wanna make it a chunk gun, work up a load with a heavy conical. Should be fun.
Nice. Those investarms are some pretty decent rifles. Should be great for what you are wanting to do.

Tested out the mods I made in my newly acquired S&B pistol. Hour glassing the hammer spring smoothed out otherwise a very tough hammer pull. The new taller front sight puts the POI now at the correct elevation at 25 yards. Was printing a tad to the left but a couple of light taps to the right on the post corrected the POI. I also filed, honed and polished the insides of any burrs for smoother operation.

IMG_6977.jpeg
IMG_6978.jpeg
IMG_6979.jpeg
IMG_6975.jpeg

Last edited:
Just piddling around and made this crude plastic muzzle protector from a small funnel. I greased the rod and filled the funnel with JB weld. If it holds up I'll make a new improved "pretty" model.
View attachment 258641
why???? the ones from Treseo are cheap and much better. all the suppliers have them also available on ebay for pocket change. if we don't support the suppliers they well eventually just close up shop

CANNON VALLEY MUZZLE LOADERS
Monthly Shoot Next Saturday October 14th 9am
Everybody is welcome at AHLMAN'S GUNS in MORRISTOWN MN
$10 adult registration, kids under 16 are free. Lunch is included.
50 cent relays winner gets half the pot
COME OUT AND PLAY ALL ARE WELCOME WE DON'T DISCRIMANATE FLINT, PERCUSSION, INLINE IT DOESN'T MATTER
WE HAD 12 SHOOTERS LAST MONTH INCLUDING 4 UNDER 12
THIS IS THE LAST SHOOT OF THE SEASON/LAST CHANCE TO CHECK OUT YOUR RIFLE FOR DEER SEASON
A REALLY GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL !!!!
COME AND HAVE FUN

why???? the ones from Treseo are cheap and much better. all the suppliers have them also available on ebay for pocket change. if we don't support the suppliers they well eventually just close up shop
Why? Because I was bored and had all the materials on hand for free and don't like it when shipping charges equal the cost of the item. I have a nice brass one but wanted something softer. This fits my rod, fits my barrel. No searching around for exactly what I wanted. Very nice to support suppliers but in these times I'll look out for my own pocket first.

Back