• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t see many gun racks like that anymore. Once upon a time, almost every truck around here had one. In high school, we even carried our squirrel and deer guns in them to school! Nothing was ever said.
Same at our high school except many of our teachers, who parked in the same lot, would wander over asking to see exactly what make/model/caliber we were carrying and chat about the pros and cons of each. No one got shot, no one even considered the idea that having and displaying a firearm was anything but normal behavior. How things have changed!

Bought 2 pds of Schuetzen powder @ $31.95. One month ago it cost @ $27.95. Also bought a smokeless powder for about $38. 3 month ago it cost $24. True inflation prices here in Maryland are about 60% which includes food. I wish I had bought multiple pounds a year ago. OH! I had to give my ID in order to walk out of the store. No thumb print YET!

Same at our high school except many of our teachers, who parked in the same lot, would wander over asking to see exactly what make/model/caliber we were carrying and chat about the pros and cons of each. No one got shot, no one even considered the idea that having and displaying a firearm was anything but normal behavior. How things have changed!
Truck Rifle Racks disappeared about 20-25 years ago in the Demoncratically controlled state of maryland.

Punched out about 100 .32 felt wads, cut out about 100 cleaning patches out of an old t-shirt, 3D printed some star cappers. IMG_1547.jpeg71885375530__C7F53B15-FFF3-4BC9-AAEC-942C723D64C9.jpegIMG_1537.jpeg

Melted down some deer fat on an old Coleman stove in an effort to make patch lube. First go round it started melting nice and clear. I went looking for something in the garage and when I stepped back out it had caramelized. Stained it through t-shirt and that didn't help. Poured it in a cup to set up...will see how that turns out.

Second go round, cleaned the pot, put less fat in, lowered heat, and poured it off every few minutes. Yellowish color, much better than the earlier brown. Poured that off, will check on them both tomorrow.

Also, soaked about six-inches of pillow ticking in the liquid. Soaked in fast and couldn't seem to squeeze enough out with fingers...a little too greasy that fresh. Will see how that overnights as well.

CHEATER! Wish I had a machine like yours. Ah! No more room in my "shop".
Well I went the range today took JB and Slim and did some patterning and found they like the same load .and talked old Jimmy to shoot slim up side down for me with 2f for prime .Here’s a video and a couple pictures for you all to check out ?oh JB is a28 gauge and slim is a 24 gauge.

Attachments

• IMG_0243.png
    IMG_0243.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Well I went the range today took JB and Slim and did some patterning and found they like the same load .and talked old Jimmy to shoot slim up side down for me with 2f for prime .Here’s a video and a couple pictures for you all to check out ?oh JB is a28 gauge and slim is a 24 gauge.
Opps

Attachments

• IMG_0125.mov
    18.1 MB
Bought 2 pds of Schuetzen powder @ $31.95. One month ago it cost @ $27.95. Also bought a smokeless powder for about $38. 3 month ago it cost $24. True inflation prices here in Maryland are about 60% which includes food. I wish I had bought multiple pounds a year ago. OH! I had to give my ID in order to walk out of the store. No thumb print YET!
Man, le125verne! That's a terrible problem! 🙂 2.25Lb of Wano (any grade) costs us $189 Australian here in the great land down under. That's $119.52 US at the current exchange rate. Over here, we would love to have your inflated prices. 2 Lbs for $31.95 US !!!!!! That's a steal.
I'm envious, brother. Enjoy your shooting. 👍

Kind regards, Pete

PS Something scientific must happen to Black powder when it crosses the equator and makes it way to the southern hemisphere, making it more precious. 🤷‍♂️

Back