• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Staked the sights on the .54 Woodsrunner and of course the front sight moved as I started the process, think it’s back where it was, have to check. Used my dial calipers to measure the height of the rear site notch, then applied that to the homemade sight on the .45 SMR. Filed it down pretty close to that measurement leaving a little to play with at the range. Did some reshaping on the sight crown.

Attachments

• IMG_2771.jpeg
    IMG_2771.jpeg
    590 KB · Views: 0
Spent two hours doing a more thorough cleaning on my flintlock rifle, smoothbore,and horse pistol on my return from fall rendezvous.The work after the shooting fun!
Looking forward to spring rendezvous already!!!
LBL

Camped the last two nights at our club in Northern Mississippi.
It was our scheduled clean up weekend prior too of Fall rendezvous..

Lots of weed eating , removing down trees on the woods walk.

Hauled & stacked fire wood in preparation of the cold Northern Mississippi winter…

View attachment 259420

39 f this morning as we broke camp, one of the first cool snaps of the season..

I noticed what appeared to be two foot drifts in several fields as I drove North on my way home today…

View attachment 259419

Mississippi snow cover..😎

39 degrees….above?

I shot the .375 M/L today.
It's 1: 16 twist.
My efforts at PP are improving, learning all the time.
Decent Paper (actually anything BP ) is very hard to come by here in Oz, especially different thicknesses so bullet size is critical.
Have been lapping out a Lee bullet sizer (done it several times before ) but this one seems to be harder than usual. Finding if I don't roll them just right, too loose, they are tight to get down.
If the bullet doesn't go down the barrel smoothly, I know it's going to be off the group. My cleaning ritual has to be right for it to shoot well.
Why bother ??
This old girl was made locally about 40 years ago, ( its a nostalgia thing ), has been shot a lot and the inside of the barrel is only fair. GG bullets give trouble. We'll get there. 👍🇦🇺

If you have a proven recipe for keeping out of the old girls hair I could sure use it!
My man cave ( my shed I do all my stuff in ) is out side ,I was tiring flys and she couldn’t stand the smell of the head cement so she told me to order a shed.I only have a little electric heater in it so when it gets really cold then I gotta be careful.lol

My man cave ( my shed I do all my stuff in ) is out side ,I was tiring flys and she couldn’t stand the smell of the head cement so she told me to order a shed.I only have a little electric heater in it so when it gets really cold then I gotta be careful.lol
You’d think having a whole camp to escape to I’d be safe! But it just doesn’t work out that way. Oh well, too late to change now. 😉

You’d think having a whole camp to escape to I’d be safe! But it just doesn’t work out that way. Oh well, too late to change now. 😉
She’s just keeping tabes on you thats all to make sure not doing something you shouldn’t be doing ,that’s my old girls excuse any way.
You know it’s a women thing.lol

Today my son and I attended the offhand meat match at my club that we practiced for yesterday (his first shooting match). We had a great time and he did pretty well! I won 2 of the 12 rounds and got 10 packs of good meat out of it. It was especially satisfying that we were shooting the .490 and .530 balls we made together a couple weeks ago! It was a good day.
What distance?

Continued prepping for our upcoming Fall Rendezvous at Hatchie Run Longrifles in Ashland Ms.

I’ve been putting off assembling my camp wheel barrow for awhile now…
Well ….it’s still a work in progress, but it’ll haul wood.👍

View attachment 259904
Good job. My brother liked my steel wheelbarrow so much it VANISHED and has never seen again. Wheels like these are hard to find.

Continued prepping for our upcoming Fall Rendezvous at Hatchie Run Longrifles in Ashland Ms.

I’ve been putting off assembling my camp wheel barrow for awhile now…
Well ….it’s still a work in progress, but it’ll haul wood.👍

View attachment 259904
That round thing with the spokes looks like a good invention. You might just be on to something there....

Latest posts

Back