• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunted a WMA close to the house this morning. Plan worked as the other hunters pushed three does to me, but it was too early to get a clean sight picture. Had to watch them wander off. Oh well…it was still a nice morning in the woods.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    5.5 MB
Hunted a WMA close to the house this morning. Plan worked as the other hunters pushed three does to me, but it was too early to get a clean sight picture. Had to watch them wander off. Oh well…it was still a nice morning in the woods.
Guy gave me a horn yesterday,it’s got something like urathane on it cause it’s turning kinda yellow so I’ll have to tend to it .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB
Today I started working in earnest on my PA Fowler. Step one is to fit the breech, and I'm almost there. Slow going compared to the Kiblers I've snapped together, but that was expected.

Four day weekend, so I hope to be posting some real progress. Happy Thanksgiving all.

View attachment 271433View attachment 271434

Looks like a nice clean kit. Who made it up?

Put a few rounds through my Zoli 10 bore aka "Junkyard" and tried out the Dawn/water mixture on the patches and down the bore. Worked well, didn't have to swab at all, and it smelled great. Tonight I ordered 10# of Goex bp. Good day.

Attachments

• original_075f05b6-dc18-4a3b-a22c-b8cf4226e6a5_20231124_150752.jpg
    original_075f05b6-dc18-4a3b-a22c-b8cf4226e6a5_20231124_150752.jpg
    5.4 MB
Pulled the trigger on a Lee Lead pot. Bottom pour.

Before yall crucify me. Know I make bass fishing jigs and this will help speed the process up.
I've poured 1000's of round balls with mine.
Yes, it leaks occasionally, but the quickness makes that aggravation worthwhile.

Put a few rounds through my Zoli 10 bore aka "Junkyard" and tried out the Dawn/water mixture on the patches and down the bore. Worked well, didn't have to swab at all, and it smelled great. Tonight I ordered 10# of Goex bp. Good day.
How much a pound is your powder if you don’t mind saying .

finished inletting the trigger group in my Cherry build. draw filed the trigger plate and polished it. polished the trigger shoe's. fire blued them all plus the screws. shaped the cheeks and started scraping to final contours. avoiding the dang butt plate for now.

Attachments

• 20231124_230744.jpg
    20231124_230744.jpg
    1,005.1 KB
  • 20231124_230845.jpg
    20231124_230845.jpg
    2.5 MB
@aussie pete I think I'd take a bit of pleasure sawing those horns off,few years ago when she was first calf heifer,she had calf under cedar tree at bottom of ditch,I walked down to check on and work calf and that little heifer looked like she was 10 foot tall coming down that ditch bank horns down,we went round and round that tree for seamed like hours,probably just minute or two, she finally stopped and stood over calf,thank God she stopped, my old hindend didnt have many more laps left LOL thats when I decided I'm to dang old to tag and castrate calves by myself out in pasture. ☺️
i have finally given up wrangling. or the bulls have decided it for me. can't wrestle this guy anymore, and sure can't run from him!
he is the calmest bull in the herd, sometimes scares me realizing their capabilities.
140.jpg

A0253EA2-53C5-4C8C-9B95-248F0E706423.jpeg
DD8ECE23-4B7E-4C0A-8B3D-DEDA70F679EE.jpeg
Shot a new to me rifle for the first time. By golly I think she’s got potential.

DeHauss barrel: 54 cal 1:54 twist.
Leonard Carver large Siler.
Not sure of the triggers.

5 shot group including flyer.
57 yards.
Standing w/rested barrel
.530 ball
.018 mink oil ticking
dry felt op wad
75gr 3f Schutzen

Going to try .015 material next time. The .018 was a bit harder to load than I like.

Last edited:
Back