• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed spending time this morning with all these lovely girls helping a film crew out to promote the history of ol' Washington, KY. Some of them participated in the Federal Hill video posted recently. As a rookie film editor myself, I really admired all the cool equipment those folks were using today. I can't wait to see the final product.

445366063_785411747014800_1207513405812865647_n.jpg

Just piddling in the shop. Too hot to do much else. Polished up the SMR trigger group and got the working surfaces of the set trigger and trigger arm nice and shiny to match the sear. And finished polishing the trigger guard. Still can’t decide on what type of metal finish to go with.
i think i am going to send you my metal to polish Thad!

did i ever tell you i hate metal work?😁
i finished lowering the barrel channel this afternoon. sanded and stained the channel so hope i don't need to do any more.
opened the Track pack. the trigger guard has 5 long casting tabs and 3 for pinning. enough brass in those tabs i may cast something from them.
need to reshape the guard some but looks ok. butt plate is pretty clean. RR pipes and entry pipe are nice. trim the tabs and polish. no seam lines to file!
tomorrow i will lay out everything and trim the stock to shape. prayers will be appreciated for that process. measure twice, cut once. i can still get it wrong!
thinking of writing another book. title this one "How to turn $700.00 worth of parts into a $400.00 dollar gun"

i think i am going to send you my metal to polish Thad!

did i ever tell you i hate metal work?😁
i finished lowering the barrel channel this afternoon. sanded and stained the channel so hope i don't need to do any more.
opened the Track pack. the trigger guard has 5 long casting tabs and 3 for pinning. enough brass in those tabs i may cast something from them.
need to reshape the guard some but looks ok. butt plate is pretty clean. RR pipes and entry pipe are nice. trim the tabs and polish. no seam lines to file!
tomorrow i will lay out everything and trim the stock to shape. prayers will be appreciated for that process. measure twice, cut once. i can still get it wrong!
thinking of writing another book. title this one "How to turn $700.00 worth of parts into a $400.00 dollar gun"
Oh yes! I’ve gotten fairly decent at polishing. It’s everything else that’s hard to pull together. And I have heard you say, maybe once or twice, that you hate metal work!!!! But you know it’s funny how we do have things on builds that we really don’t like. For me, it’s slotting lug holes. As straight forward as that is I just hate doing it! On another note I’ve got some plans for the Elk hide. Once I get this SMR finished I’ll let you know some ideas.

Just piddling in the shop. Too hot to do much else. Polished up the SMR trigger group and got the working surfaces of the set trigger and trigger arm nice and shiny to match the sear. And finished polishing the trigger guard. Still can’t decide on what type of metal finish to go with.
Oooooh. Like grandma's teaspoons! :)Nicely done.

Cheers, Pete

I really enjoyed spending time this morning with all these lovely girls helping a film crew out to promote the history of ol' Washington, KY. Some of them participated in the Federal Hill video posted recently. As a rookie film editor myself, I really admired all the cool equipment those folks were using today. I can't wait to see the final product.

View attachment 325195
The laddies man is at again lol enjoy your pictures and movies.😉

I committed a muzzleloading sin yesterday.. My wife and I shot in our club's monthly match and I came home and set my 3 guns off to the side and forgot about them until about an hour ago! The fouling all around the nipples had turned white and looked awful. It was caked on pretty bad but thankfully they cleaned up ok!
Hey, it happens! I was in the process of spraying my percussion pistols down with some 🫎 🥛 after a range session yesterday, when I had to attend to a family emergency. When I returned this morning, I discovered a fine layer of surface rust. Fortunately, it rubbed right off with a rag and some Ballistol.

View attachment 325195

I really enjoyed watching the bit on the Federal Hill Festival on your channel yesterday, Mark. It’s nice to be able to experience an event in the comfort of your own living room that you were unable to attend in person. Thanks for sharing!

Put in for Thursday and Friday vacation days at work! Thursday heading to the hills again for more shooting, Friday morning to the lake to put some more fish in the freezer! Life is good! :)

I’m envious! Long overdue for a vacation myself.

Wishing you the best of luck in your shooting and fishing endeavors.

(Yesterday & today) More working on Kibler Colonial kit. I'm wondering if this Colonial stock was produced on Kibler's new CNC machine. There's really not that much that needs to be done inletting-wise. So far so good.

Latest posts

Back