• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a cool comfortable morning to set on the porch with a cup of coffee and unravel jute cord for making tinder bundles for fire starting with flint and steel. This is excellent tinder paired with a bit of glowing char.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• Jute morning.JPG
    Jute morning.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
tried to shoot the Cherokee the lock I bought on ebay from a vender I have bought from several times listed it as new never fired I can see why my 70 year old hands couldn't cock it even using both hands ...........turns out it has a heavier main spring then my Renegades so now I have to find a new one. called log cabin, deer creek, brownells, and wolf springs none of them could help me out (wolf was the most helpful she at least bothered to check stock for something the same dimensions as a known good spring) so now I guess I'm back to waiting for one to show up on ebay and hope I get a good one

Co
tried to shoot the Cherokee the lock I bought on ebay from a vender I have bought from several times listed it as new never fired I can see why my 70 year old hands couldn't cock it even using both hands ...........turns out it has a heavier main spring then my Renegades so now I have to find a new one. called log cabin, deer creek, brownells, and wolf springs none of them could help me out (wolf was the most helpful she at least bothered to check stock for something the same dimensions as a known good spring) so now I guess I'm back to waiting for one to show up on ebay and hope I get a good one
Couple of weeks ago I bought a brand new in the box CVA mountain pistol kit, all parts were brand new, never touched. The lock wouldn’t budge, the packing oil was so hardened and glue like that it completely bound the lock. Have you tried to disassemble and clean the lock?

It is a cool comfortable morning to set on the porch with a cup of coffee and unravel jute cord for making tinder bundles for fire starting with flint and steel. This is excellent tinder paired with a bit of glowing char.
Ohio Rusty ><>
Your taste in pajama pants is impeccable!

Attachments

• IMG_3949.jpeg
    IMG_3949.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
A couple of days ago my daughter who is visiting and I hit a couple of thrift shops. She beat me to a wool blanket at one for $5. At the next one I found a nice condition green army blanket and wool throw for $6 total. Now deciding what to do with the green army blanket. I’m acquiring enough wool blankets I may be overrun with them except when the daughters come to visit they have a way of disappearing.

Made it out this morning! Was hoping to have some fun with video footage, but complete camera failure. Purchased this from a member here, very accurate .36 and quite enjoyable to shoot. I was using 25 grains Scheutzen 2F, home cast .350's. I think this old gal is going to make a great small game rifle!

inlet of the barrel and tang almost done on the walnut Long rifle. thought of setting the barrel for a cast off, so i would have wood for a cheek piece but just went straight. can always glue a cheek piece on.
only took 3 small slices to my fingers when running the sides of the inlet to figure out i needed to role the sharp corners with 100 grit. slices didn't leak much so the wood is safe. guess one could say this rifle has already been blooded!
1717702556132.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished sanding the SMR stock. Wiped it down good and applied the first coat of BC sealer filler. Massaged it in with green scotchbrite and wiped off the excess. I’ll put at least one more coat on. No stain on this one, the walnut is nice as is. I’ll finish it with my oil varnish/gum turpentine mix.

Attachments

• IMG_3950.jpeg
    IMG_3950.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3951.jpeg
    IMG_3951.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Since the previous thread was shut down (locked) by our new moderator, I thought I would start one up again, as per the suggestion.
So, let's get this thread going again, and share your muzzleloading related adventures of the day!

Got a whole bunch of locks I’m building.

Some interesting ones up now.

Scottish Musket Lock and doing a knock volley gun lock and wall gun lock.

Took the Woodsrunner out today to try different powder loads. All were with .015 pillow ticking, spit patch, .490 round ball. Target on left 50 grains Goex 2F, next 55 grains, then 60 grains, finally 65 grains. Distance was 25 yards offhand. After shooting the different loads I went back to 50 grains at a distance of 70 yards and shots were all to the left. Shot at 50 yards and still to the left. Shot at 40 yards and all were missing the 6-inch bull to the right. Back to 25 yards and hitting the edge of the bull at the right. All this while I am focusing on breathing, stance, trigger pull and wondering what the heck. Then as I am loading, I noticed the front sight is sliding back and forth with little resistance. So, I am going to use that as the reason, at least for the day.

Took it all home cleaned and peened the sight base and have a good tight fit.

Attachments

• Target 6-6-24.jpg
    Target 6-6-24.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 0
Opened a Navy Arms Hawken kit I received today. Have the barrel rust browning in the bathroom right now. Plan to rust it. Knock it back with naval jelly to get a grey finish.

Back