• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the stock on the SMR. 2 coats of sealer/filler and 2 coats of oil varnish/turpentine mix. Installed the furniture. I’m pleased with the walnut overall but the ram rod stain I used is terrible. I’ll wait till I finish the barrel to decide on a different shade. And, of course, I banged stuff up putting things together so future scratches won’t be that hard to swallow.
That walnut is beautiful, I like the tone, and the curl. Looking forward to seeing it finished!

That walnut is beautiful, I like the tone, and the curl. Looking forward to seeing it finished!
Thanks! It is a pretty piece of wood. Taking those photos in bright sunlight made it look somewhat lighter than it actually is. Here’s a few from inside, which makes it look darker than it actually is!

Attachments

• IMG_3961.jpeg
    IMG_3961.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3963.jpeg
    IMG_3963.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3964.jpeg
    IMG_3964.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Thanks! It is a pretty piece of wood. Taking those photos in bright sunlight made it look somewhat lighter than it actually is. Here’s a few from inside, which makes it look darker than it actually is!
Nice job TDM I like walnut ,did you make your ram rod .

Barrels are soldered together, ramrod pipes made and soldered on. Ordered a Winchester flip up sight to compensate for the barrels being off. Bottom barrel shoots to the right some. Putting it on the back burner for a week or so, getting things around for fathers day shoot...

Attachments

• 20240608_134945.jpg
    20240608_134945.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
I tried to keep politics and infighting out of the Muzzleloading Forum by carefully moderating and deleting (as a last resort) nasty and harmful posts and threads that only served to cause unrest and infighting, and had nothing to do with muzzleloading.

Not my usual forte but job done, headed out to the owner.

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
today i am taking a break and enjoying a absolutely beautiful day. sitting on the porch, reading for 30 minutes, napping for an hour. wake and repeat.
wife thinks I am dying. so out of character from my ADD self. what she doesn't know is i am working on the Kentucky in my head.
trying to figure where to carve an AF Colonels Eagle on the thing.

Latest posts

Back