• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished a horn (#62); I am considering using it for a new rig I am putting together for my newly built .62 British carbine.
Not sure if it will be a good match, though. Time will tell.

Attachments

• 62  u.jpg
    62 u.jpg
    846.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 62  k.jpg
    62 k.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 62  o.jpg
    62 o.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 0
Picked up a Jukar rifle to clean for a new buddy of mine. Met this guy yesterday at a social function and got to talking. He mentioned he had an old flintlock that he wanted to learn more about. Went by his place and looked at it. Turned out to be a Jukar Kentucky Percussion. Needed a nosecap and ramrod, which I had. Gonna get it scrubbed up and oiled, and I'll be teaching him the basics of the art muzzleloading sometime soon. Hopefully we have another convert! Also, I put my own Jukar back together. It's in it's second remodel. I like to call it my "Jukolonial," or maybe my "Wouldsrunner," as in I would like a better rifle gun, but it'll be a bit yet 'fore I can get me a Kibler. Still need to add brass for a buttplate to the patchbox.

Attachments

• 20240609_204823.jpg
    20240609_204823.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Finished a horn (#62); I am considering using it for a new rig I am putting together for my newly built .62 British carbine.
Not sure if it will be a good match, though. Time will tell.
Incredible, that horn would outshine any of my equipment!

Picked up a Jukar rifle to clean for a new buddy of mine. Met this guy yesterday at a social function and got to talking. He mentioned he had an old flintlock that he wanted to learn more about. Went by his place and looked at it. Turned out to be a Jukar Kentucky Percussion. Needed a nosecap and ramrod, which I had. Gonna get it scrubbed up and oiled, and I'll be teaching him the basics of the art muzzleloading sometime soon. Hopefully we have another convert! Also, I put my own Jukar back together. It's in it's second remodel. I like to call it my "Jukolonial," or maybe my "Wouldsrunner," as in I would like a better rifle gun, but it'll be a bit yet 'fore I can get me a Kibler. Still need to add brass for a buttplate to the patchbox.
Nothing wrong with Jukars!

I was diddling around with the mountain pistol, the trigger is terrible. It’s the standard cva single bar trigger. You can rotate it 360 degrees in about a half inch circle. So I took it apart and decided I’m gonna cut a new pin on the lathe. I’ll see if I can sneak up on the dimension and tighten it up. If that doesn’t work I’ll go get a sacrificial drill bit the next size up.

Started with the draw filing today. I think I'm going to go for a bright barrel, polish it slightly (maybe to 600 grit...will match the lock pretty well) and then let nature do the rest.

Lowe’s painters tarp rifleman frock. 100% hand sewn.
View attachment 326380

Looking good and it is amazing how you can repurpose or adapt things. My frock is from a BAR pattern....but I used the same pattern for a mantle for one of the orders I belong to...twin cape is a little heavy and warm when done with a lined velvet, but it works ;)

I took a six gun out to do some target shooting this morning, I thought it would be a good way to start the day to punch a Target, the loading lever stud came out when I fired and I couldn't find it. Had to get to work hope I can go back and find it another day.

Lowe’s painters tarp rifleman frock. 100% hand sewn.
View attachment 326380
I so admire the patience and commitment it takes to do such a project. :thumb:
I took a six gun out to do some target shooting this morning, I thought it would be a good way to start the day to punch a Target, the loading lever stud came out when I fired and I couldn't find it. Had to get to work hope I can go back and find it another day.
Loosing parts at the range 😫 worse than the shop floor. At least with the shop floor it will probably show up in a couple years.

Yesterday I fiddled around doing the final assembly on granddaughter's CVA Frontier. The sights that came with it were not great and the front sight was broken. I dug around and found a front sight and rear sight that can be made to work together.

I'll finish it up today if I have time between getting tires on the car, driving some guests to the airport and getting the swamp cooler set up for the season.

Back