• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this got me thinking about snake shot in percussion revolvers. It was right next to the man door at our garage. Nearly nailed my wife. 10 buttons and 32” of evil.

Attachments

• IMG_6688.jpeg
    IMG_6688.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6690.jpeg
    IMG_6690.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Well this got me thinking about snake shot in percussion revolvers. It was right next to the man door at our garage. Nearly nailed my wife. 10 buttons and 32” of evil.
I do not like rattlesnakes. Now if I see one off the beaten track in the woods I leave them be. But on a main trail or around the camp they’re are dealt with quickly. I’m too far away from help to get bit.

I do not like rattlesnakes. Now if I see one off the beaten track in the woods I leave them be. But on a main trail or around the camp they’re are dealt with quickly. I’m too far away from help to get bit.
We have 20 acres, surrounded by 300 acres of blm land on 3 sides. When I’m out away from the house I give them a pass. They love staying close to the foundation of the house, I have poured concrete sidewalks around the home. If I find them in the clear they are history.

Finished the .36 Walnut SMR.
wow Thad! that is just elegant! bet she hangs out front wonderfully. The SMR holds first place in my likes, right along with any other flintlock! :D
i had forgotten what walnut worked like, until i started the Kentucky i am building. sure easier to carve the barrel channel that the rock hard maple of the Isaac Haines i have going.
now you have the SMR done, whatcha going to do with that hide? i found a use for one this winter. draped it over my recliner and stopped getting shocked with static every time i got up.
really like the muzzle treatment.

wow Thad! that is just elegant! bet she hangs out front wonderfully. The SMR holds first place in my likes, right along with any other flintlock! :D
i had forgotten what walnut worked like, until i started the Kentucky i am building. sure easier to carve the barrel channel that the rock hard maple of the Isaac Haines i have going.
now you have the SMR done, whatcha going to do with that hide? i found a use for one this winter. draped it over my recliner and stopped getting shocked with static every time i got up.
really like the muzzle treatment.
Thanks. I’m thinking a possibles/shooting bag with trade beads and a cotton web strap to start. Then maybe a couple of flint wallets. If the bag turns out ok then maybe a couple more. But it’s so pretty I hate to start cutting it up! I’m thinking you could use a nice flint wallet.

Finished the .36 Walnut SMR.

I love you have a .36. As you might know I have a double .36. Really like to hear about any deer shooting with it. Is it possible ??? I mean it’s a mini .357 magnum. Ha ha I know its good for elephant . Rabbits and squirrels that’s for my pcp airgun , but what a beautiful long long rifle so graceful , as the previous gentleman says your barrel just goes on longer and longer , you chose very wisely

Attachments

• 2F1582BD-6999-41D3-AFDD-F3653131E1D3.jpeg
    2F1582BD-6999-41D3-AFDD-F3653131E1D3.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Thanks. I’m thinking a possibles/shooting bag with trade beads and a cotton web strap to start. Then maybe a couple of flint wallets. If the bag turns out ok then maybe a couple more. But it’s so pretty I hate to start cutting it up! I’m thinking you could use a nice flint wallet.
thanks for the thought. go ahead and start cutting it up. I have four more. only one i use is for anti static covering on my recliner.

I took a shooting pouch making class with Jeff 'Poor Boy" Luke at Friendship last month. I just finished putting the leather finishing on the bag today that will keep it in nice pliable shape. I'm Really pleased with the bag. It is perfect. If folks want to really up their game and make really nice muzzleloading accoutrements, take a class with a master craftsman like Jeff Luke. I learned an amazing amount of leather working tips, hints and knowledge that I will carry with me in my lifetime.
Ohio Rusty ><>
bag horn pic.JPG

I took a shooting pouch making class with Jeff 'Poor Boy" Luke at Friendship last month. I just finished putting the leather finishing on the bag today that will keep it in nice pliable shape. I'm Really pleased with the bag. It is perfect. If folks want to really up their game and make really nice muzzleloading accoutrements, take a class with a master craftsman like Jeff Luke. I learned an amazing amount of leather working tips, hints and knowledge that I will carry with me in my lifetime.
Ohio Rusty ><>
View attachment 326288
That’s a very nice looking bag, leather work is another thing I’d like to learn.

Back