• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way you supported the stock for finishing. Gonna be doing it that way in the future. :thumb:

I've been thinking about ways to make nipple wrenchs. That's slick. I'd probably have to anneal it to work it with hand tools. My nipple wrenchs gradually dissappear during cleaning sessions with the grandkids. 🤣 I hope they get future use out of them.
Pretty unrelated. But I got a .50 CVA muzzleloader but have no .490 balls. Have some .440 +/- from 1858 Army no longer have. Finally figured out - wrap it up - fire it out! Thoughts?

Part of the patch box inlet. Have to make the top and bottom piece and inlet them in. Also have to make and install the release button.

Attachments

• 20240817_110757.jpg
    20240817_110757.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 339219View attachment 339220View attachment 339221View attachment 339222View attachment 339223View attachment 339224View attachment 339225View attachment 339226

Totally unexpected find yesterday at the local gun show. Matching 1839 date springfield M1816 Type III. I had been looking for an 1816, and never expected to see one at a gun show here. Glad I went.
I've seen two or three go thru a local auction lately; this is a real gem, great find! Thanks for posting.

Back