• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a Civil War collector and just placed an order on a M1842 Musket with the lock and barrel both dated 1845, and M1860 Spencer carbine. From the pictures both look very good. The Spencer was stored in a safe the last 40 years and the lever won't drop. I asked about the possibility of a cartridge stuck in it and the seller had already checked and it is clear. Hopefully a disassembly, good cleaning and lubing will get it to function properly. I'll get a check in the mail early in the week and check it when it gets here.

The Little White Box Truck of Love left a new shooting bag and horn for me today. Its like Christmas already. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4842.jpeg
    IMG_4842.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4843.jpeg
    IMG_4843.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
That's real nice. What kind of knife ya got there? And the little ball bag on top; did you make that?
I am barely crafty. My leather work falls more under thw category of repair than construct. I just got lucky in the looking department.

The knife came from a lot of ten maybe priced at $15 each. I just liked the patina, home-stitched sheath and shape.

Attachments

• IMG_4844.jpeg
    IMG_4844.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I was Bob. I saw your table but when I came by you had stepped away. I meant to come back over and introduce myself but I guess I saw some flintlocks and got distracted lol! If you're at the next one I'll be sure to say hello.
It was certainly easy to be distracted by all the incredible art- definitely planning for next year and hope to meet you then!

Went my local Veteran's range with my 40 cal MLto shoot the August Spud target. A friends Granddaighter, who was shooting an unmentionable next to me, kept watching and asking questions. I Asked if she would like to learn to load and shoot, didn’t have to ask twice. She really enjoyed the process. Then a women who moderates at the Parris Island Marine Museum approached and accepted the offer to load and shoot. She loved it also, said she gets to look and talk about them daily, but had never shot one. I told them both, I’d bring a CW musket next week to further their experience.

Part of the patch box inlet. Have to make the top and bottom piece and inlet them in. Also have to make and install the release button.
You did a great job of inletting on that!
I'm in the process of putting a Pecatonica together, got he barrel, tang, lock and butt plate done, now working on the thimbles, sure takes awhile, huh!

Not today, but yesterday. I had a wonderful morning out with the eclectic crew at the local Townsville Range - a great mob of lads. I was chuffed to take out the comp, nearly losing grip on the win to my Shoot Captain, a measly 2.1 points behind. It was the usual process with three targets shot at 50 meters from a range of shooting positions, best ten shots counting on each. I've included my best ones here to show off!

One of our visionaries had a great idea to do a dinosaur hunt, again at fifty metres, any field position. He's a good keen lad making up the targets and the anatomy template for judging. Only one shot for each firer, as he reckons you will only get one shot at a T Rex! Crikey, I got the trophy for that too with my heart and lung shot! Mind, if the lizard was real, I reckon I'd be in trouble :thumb:. It was so much fun, we have decided to make it an annual event, to be shot on the third weekend every August.

We have adopted a come one come all approach here to foster the black arts. On the line today we had flintlocks, percussion rifles, and even one drop in who just arrived from the US with a CVA inline, scope and all - he was apologetic given his modernist equipment, but informs he has a flintlock, and will bring that next time. He had a ball on the line completing all 39 shots with borrowed powder.

Great camaraderie.

Cheers, Pete
charger.jpg
international.jpg
trex.jpg
dino.jpg

Back