• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0646w.jpg

Made a new milling fixture and have all my sawn out 1" receivers milled to size.
When my stach of underhammer and triggers and hammers are used, I can covert these actions into Mule Ears!
Waiting on the 3D printer guy to make some castable proto type hammers for the Mule Ear.
IMG_0647w.jpg

Two brass and one aluminum. Just need to radius the edges. and mill some 45s.

Last edited:
View attachment 333556
Made a new milling fixture and have all my sawn out 1" receivers milled to size.
When my stach of underhammer and triggers and hammers are used, I can covert these actions into Mule Ears!
Waiting on the 3D printer guy to make some castable proto type hammers for the Mule Ear.
Those are skills way beyond my skills! I don't get what you can do, but I appreciate it!

Shot my frontier percussion rifle at the range. No wind, cooler temps at 65F. Had a good outing, 13 of 15 hit steel at various targets 40 yards to 75 yards. Even hit the buffalo heart swinger at 120 yds, took two shots to hit it though.
View attachment 333580
I envy you for the fact that I miss them there mountains.

Not much ...man its hot !! SHEEW !! LOL .... Made a tapered hickory ramrod for my personal N.W. Trade gun ... Just got a half dozen 1/2" hickory rods from Log Cabin today so whipped this Ramrod out for mine real quick ... Got 1/2" hickory blanks , brass tips , breech plugs , a tumbler .... Good ta go for a bit ....

Well, I think I got the last bit of waxing of my stock done today. Now I just need to finish draw filing and polishing the barrel so I can put this thing together ;)

I also drilled my horn roll and put in the threaded bushing for the primer spout.

Not much, but some time working on a ML is better than some time doing more chores around the house ;)

got back from the shoot yesterday I was wrong about the mosquitoes they weren't the size of a b 25 they were the size of a b52 and were not affected by the fogger every hour to hour and a half. and then our range cabin had to be cleaned out momma and 3 young coons had taken up residence .......won't be a problem ever again. 10 + 2 shooters good time had by all but us old guys really suffered with the heat and humidity

Today's little bit of work...

It's pretty basic, but it works...original thought was to replicate my brass priming flask that split. Then I thought, well, if I ever decide to hang this little thing with my main horn, I will need a way to tie it on.

What I ended up with was this cute little (~5" long incl. spout) priming hornette/flask that'll hold about 25 primes worth at a go, but still tuck away in my shooting bag nicely. Spout handles 3F and 4F nicely.

Very basic, but helped get my feet under me for when I get around to making my proper horn in the future.

1000003881.jpg

I spent the morning cutting out a gun sock from a military surplus blanket for my fusil de chasse. I had it sewed up by suppertime, deciding to sew it by hand rather than mess with setting up the sewing machine.

Latest posts

Back