• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed, I hope the lens replacement goes well. Let us know.
Hopefully you'll be out there in the woods doing what you like to do,

Hunting Squirrels the Traditional Way.

After I do big clean up around here, I'll probably go get lost in the woods with my Crockett Rifle, may even give
Ole Redbone out and try to get me a couple of squirrels.

Take Buddy.🙏

Ed, I hope the lens replacement goes well. Let us know.
Hopefully you'll be out there in the woods doing what you like to do,

Hunting Squirrels the Traditional Way.

After I do big clean up around here, I'll probably go get lost in the woods with my Crockett Rifle, may even give
Ole Redbone out and try to get me a couple of squirrels.

Take Buddy.🙏
Thank you, Fred.

Just got back home. It appears things went well well. Time will tell the big story. I can see fairly well out of this new lens install now. It’s going to take a couple of days for things to stabilize. I did a no-no right off the bat. As soon as I got out of my truck I dropped something. Out of habit, I bend way down and over to pick it up. Didn’t dawn on me until I had straighten back up. Hope I didn’t tear something because that’s a definite no-no it had only been about an hour. I reckon I’ll be finding out soon enough.

I do have more eye pain than on the first eye.

Glad you made it through the storm. I knew you would.

Thank you, Fred.

Just got back home. It appears things went well well. Time will tell the big story. I can see fairly well out of this new lens install now. It’s going to take a couple of days for things to stabilize. I did a no-no right off the bat. As soon as I got out of my truck I dropped something. Out of habit, I bend way down and over to pick it up. Didn’t dawn on me until I had straighten back up. Hope I didn’t tear something because that’s a definite no-no it had only been about an hour. I reckon I’ll be finding out soon enough.

I do have more eye pain than on the first eye.

Glad you made it through the storm. I knew you would.
Just like the knee Amigo, slow and steady. You'll shoot so many squirrels you'll have to freight the tails off to Mepps Fishing Lure Company 👍

So how do you fellers deal with squirrel hunting on public land when it is bow season. I love getting out in the woods before sunrise and watch everything wake up, but since it is bow season, I hate to disturb the bow hunters by shooting at squirrels. Bow season lasts a long time and so does squirrel season and since I only have public land to hunt sooner or later, I'm going to be in conflict with bow hunters.

So how do you fellers deal with squirrel hunting on public land when it is bow season. I love getting out in the woods before sunrise and watch everything wake up, but since it is bow season, I hate to disturb the bow hunters by shooting at squirrels. Bow season lasts a long time and so does squirrel season and since I only have public land to hunt sooner or later, I'm going to be in conflict with bow hunters.
For me:

More blaze orange than usual

I stay away from heavy woods/brush and hunt more open areas.

I also go out later in the morning when it’s easier for archers to see me. It’s not a big deal here because it gets cold fast, so the squirrels tend to be more out once the day warms up a bit.

Back