• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

July 4 is National Sidewalk Egg Frying Day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

July 4 is National Sidewalk Egg Frying Day!​

Summer is upon us and it has been blazing hot in much of the country so far this summer, so seemed appropriate to call upon the old saying that "the sidewalk is hot enough to fry an egg on it."

The usual three categories: rifle, smoothbore, (smoothbore must not be equipped with rear sight - front sight/bead only) or handgun

Two ways to shoot: Offhand from 25 yards with rifle or smoothbore or 15 yards with handgun.
Bench rest/supported from 25 yards with rifle or smoothbore or 15 yards with handgun

Mark the box on your targets as either rifle or smoothbore or handgun and either offhand or benchrest/supported.

5 shots for score
Hit the yolk for 10 points. Hits in the egg white or pan handle score 5 points, and hits in the pan score 3 points.

Ball must be half way into the target area to score points. Maximum score is 50 pts.

Shoot as many times as you wish but please only post one target per category with pictures of target (and gear, if possible - we love to see everyone's equipment and load data!) Post jpg or pdf formats. Please score your own targets and write your score on the target along with information on the load you used and other info including rifle/pistol or smoothbore, bench or supported. If you do not check the boxes I won't know where to post your scores. I will check scores and it helps me if you will draw a line to each hole in the target and write your points for each shot - makes it easier for me to check the targets.

Download target as pdf or jpg format.

Prize is same as always - bragging rights on the forum!
I will be posting June results this week.

Have fun!

Gary

Attachments

• July 2024 Target.jpg
    July 2024 Target.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 4
  • July 2024 Target.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
Gary:
Targets are printed. Assuming the temp doesn't get up to 110 and the monsoon rain doesn't get too bad I think I will try for a trifecta this month. One target with the pistol, rifle, and smoothbore. I just have to remember to shoot them.

Gary:
Targets are printed. Assuming the temp doesn't get up to 110 and the monsoon rain doesn't get too bad I think I will try for a trifecta this month. One target with the pistol, rifle, and smoothbore. I just have to remember to shoot them.
Before you shoot them check if one is larger than the other. I just learned that one of them prints smaller - probably the jpg file when I converted the pdf file to jpg. I’ll check them later this morning when I have a minute.

Hope you enjoy them - I just had a couple of fried eggs for breakfast to commemorate this target, but I cooked them inside because it’s not hot enough outside yet:ghostly:

Before you shoot them check if one is larger than the other. I just learned that one of them prints smaller - probably the jpg file when I converted the pdf file to jpg. I’ll check them later this morning when I have a minute.

Hope you enjoy them - I just had a couple of fried eggs for breakfast to commemorate this target, but I cooked them inside because it’s not hot enough outside yet:ghostly:
Gary, what should the frypan diameter be?
I printed one with 4” diameter and one with 5” diameter.

For me, at 100% no reduction, the jpeg prints just under 3", and the pdf a smidgen over 4".
I just printed one copy of each on the same printer set to "print actual size" and they both measure 4-1/8" diameter. I suspect your printer is set to print to fit on the smaller file. Jpg settings and pdf settings are separate from each other

Gary, what should the frypan diameter be?
I printed one with 4” diameter and one with 5” diameter.
Salty - you might have your print set to best fit to page or fill page for the 5" pan - I just set my printer to actual size and they both print 4-1/8" diameter pans.

They both print the same size for me when I set printer setting to "Print Actual Size"

Guess I should have only uploaded one file - I was trying to be helpful if anyone couldn't print pdf files. If you want to open and print pdf files simple download a free copy of Adobe Reader.

For me, single digits are really bad temps for shooting. I can't shoot well wearing gloves and my fingers get too cold without them. Single digits, like 6, are really bad scores for shooting. Today the temp was 75 and it was sunny with a slight breeze. My score, however, was in the single digits. Hey, somebody has to set the low bar! ;)
IMG_20240701_190750_764.jpg

For me, single digits are really bad temps for shooting. I can't shoot well wearing gloves and my fingers get too cold without them. Single digits, like 6, are really bad scores for shooting. Today the temp was 75 and it was sunny with a slight breeze. My score, however, was in the single digits. Hey, somebody has to set the low bar! ;)View attachment 331345
At least you were able to get out and shoot - wish I could have done the same but no time today😔

Latest posts

Back