• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Colonial first one

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a fantastic looking rifle! I love the finish on that wood. Awesome job. I always leave a blemish in the wood, on the brass, barrel. Sometimes a stray scratch, gouge or file mark. I tell people it's to add character, wonder of anyone ever believes me? They always look perfect to me. And put meat in the pan.

Yellowhammer,
That is a blend finish that I've used on Black Walnut for the past 40 some years. I started with a blend of 50/50 linseed oil and paint thinner to pull the oil in. Then I switch a 50/50 of gum turpentine and linseed oil to help seal the wood. Each mix is done in one pint per mix with five to six drops of a red stain in each mix. The final coats are of straight linseed oil. I would guess I still have a couple of months work on/off until I feel it is done.
I found a couple of missed machine marks in the wood that I'll need to to work out. I also have some work on the brass and the lock that needs done.
Thank you, Kno-ie
Your rifle shines Yellowhammer !!!
Great rear sight placement choice :thumb:
Many shooters don't realize that locating the rear sight further forward provides a much sharper sight & target image.

I absolutely love your BUILD!!! Betcha that 58 will smack down anything that's in range. Deer to moose. Congrates on a very pretty rifle gun

carful calling it a build, people will call you out on it and say it is just a snap together kit gun that you can finish in a couple of hours! LOL, nice gun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
True that, it's a kit that you assemble. Kinda like putting together Ikea cabinets and calling yourself a cabinet maker.

Back