• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making Barnett N.W. gun for Ricky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... and browning ....

Attachments

• IMG_20231201_135115.jpg
    IMG_20231201_135115.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
.... and browning ....
What’s next on your agenda for a build I’m counting on you to keep me
from getting to bored this winter.Seems everyone else is having a nap or
something not much going on .Hope your not gonna sit around and hug the wood stove all winter your far to young for that .lol Rickies gonna love his new gun just like the rest of us do lucky guy .

What’s next on your agenda for a build I’m counting on you to keep me
from getting to bored this winter.Seems everyone else is having a nap or
something not much going on .Hope your not gonna sit around and hug the wood stove all winter your far to young for that .lol Rickies gonna love his new gun just like the rest of us do lucky guy .
Young ?!! HA !! I wanna hang out with you ! Everyone else tells me I'm an old fart ! LOL .... Oh ...I got a blanket gun to finish , I got that thread started , got the barrel bedded is all ....then I got a NW. Gun goin to Montana . I was wondering if anyone was following my builds anymore . Didnt seem like it . Was thinkin about quitting my builds on here ...

Last edited:
Young ?!! HA !! I wanna hang out with you ! Everyone else tells me I'm an old fart ! LOL .... Oh ...I got a blanket gun to finish , I got that thread started , got the barrel bedded is all ....then I got a NW. Gun goin to Montana . I was wondering if anyone was following my builds anymore . Didnt seem like it . Was thinkin about quitting my builds on here ...
I for one sure enjoy following your builds!

Yep me too. I'm sure it's a ton of work taking pics, posting, and answering questions. But it sure has been extremely helpful to me for sure. Probably tons of others as well. Sure is nice being able to ask a pro a question and get a helpful answer.
Ah ok cool !! Thanks bud , As long as you TDM and Walt keep liking them I'll continue posting my builds . I aint tryin to be uhmmm .... attention gettin or anything like that just sometimes feels goofy posting if there ain't no body checking out the thread . No biggy , just curious . I ain't no pro but I sure love my trade guns :)

That would be sad! I enjoy all of your builds as I am waiting for you to start mine!

I for one sure enjoy following your builds!
Count me in too!

As a person with no woodworking or metalwork skills I enjoy following your progress and I am really learning from you.
I am almost inspired to try it myself, I remember the thread with you helping TDM and looks almost doable for me.
Plus Every one I see you build makes me know your one more closer to mine!

Count me in too!

As a person with no woodworking or metalwork skills I enjoy following your progress and I am really learning from you.
I am almost inspired to try it myself, I remember the thread with you helping TDM and looks almost doable for me.
Plus Every one I see you build makes me know your one more closer to mine!
Cool beans ! :)

I like the profile you did on the barrel. You cut the barrel wedding rings by hand just using a file? I'm doing the same thing on my barrel this week.
Yeah we’re all still following your builds bud believe it or not your actually
very interesting and we are just running out of questions to ask but we’re still with you 110%so no stopping .So let’s get that blanket gun going haven’t seen one of them built yet .

I like the profile you did on the barrel. You cut the barrel wedding rings by hand just using a file? I'm doing the same thing on my barrel this week.
Yeah , I just drew the rings on with a marker then followed the mark with my three corner file , one side ground smooth . If the ring / line starts to vear off you flip the file so you have a cutting side , to the side it needs to go to , and the smooth side the other ....it goes back to good and straight you flip the file to both cutting sides down again .... and go slow ...

Yeah we’re all still following your builds bud believe it or not your actually
very interesting and we are just running out of questions to ask but we’re still with you 110%so no stopping .So let’s get that blanket gun going haven’t seen one of them built yet .
Cool bud , just curious . Very kind of ya , thank you . Just kinda wondered .... I gotta get this NW gun done , just work on my trucks door AGAIN !! I gotta get windows in the gun shop too ....a bunch a stuff to get done . Supposed to have company in a few days to so will be puttin purlins up in my roof of the cabin to when Cade gets here so .... might be a bit busy till I really get into the blanket gun yet ...we'll see .

Last edited:
Cool bud , just curious . Very kind of ya , thank you . Just kinda wondered .... I gotta get this NW gun done , just work on my trucks door AGAIN !! I gotta get windows in the gun shop too ....a bunch a stuff to get done . Supposed to have company in a few days to so will be puttin purlins up in my roof of the cabin to when Cade gets here so .... might be a bit busy till I really get into the blanket gun yet ...we'll see .
No need to wonder we’re still with you all the way you keep up ole farts
greatly amused and your definitely not boring .

Please continue with the builds. Waiting with baited breath for more builds from you. You have helped many aspiring as well as accomplished gun builders on this forum.

....and browning ...and browning ....and browning ... and browning ... Its starting to get a little texture on it .....finally . It takes a bit , especially in the winter time . The trigger guard is done , just soaking in oil now . The browning is hard to get started BUT ....once it starts , it can be s b!+@# to get it to quit . I found that out the hard way when folks talked me into trying the cold Browning solutions. SHEEW !!! Its tough to get it to stop ! Back to Birchwood Casey , the old standard ! Hopefully be shooting it in 2-4 days ! We'll see ! Never can tell till its done ...

Attachments

• IMG_20231204_153310.jpg
    IMG_20231204_153310.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231204_153340.jpg
    IMG_20231204_153340.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231204_153247.jpg
    IMG_20231204_153247.jpg
  • IMG_20231204_153302.jpg
    IMG_20231204_153302.jpg
....and browning ...and browning ....and browning ... and browning ... Its starting to get a little texture on it .....finally . It takes a bit , especially in the winter time . The trigger guard is done , just soaking in oil now . The browning is hard to get started BUT ....once it starts , it can be s b!+@# to get it to quit . I found that out the hard way when folks talked me into trying the cold Browning solutions. SHEEW !!! Its tough to get it to stop ! Back to Birchwood Casey , the old standard ! Hopefully be shooting it in 2-4 days ! We'll see ! Never can tell till its done ...
2to4 days you say we’re gonna get a video your awsome bud 😁👍

Back