• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scammers and Payment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a reset to the @FishDFly OP? OP post is quoted below. Personally, if concerned about financial ramifications of sending a USPS money order or personal check for a muzzleloader transaction with an unknown seller, can not believe taking the personal safety risk with a face to face is a better deal.

I have made more purchases than I can count from forum members over the years without issue, though I do not sell here. There are a few members that are difficult to deal with in my opinion, you know, the same ones that always seem to get in a dust up with either a potential buyer or seller. Though I do not believe any of these members are ‘scammers’ for lack of a better word, I avoid doing any business with them. Just not worth the standard drama that comes with dealing with them. Real concern would be getting taken by a hacked account of a trusted forum member, though if you are paying attention, unlikely to happen, as the warning signs are usually there.
Bogus checks are becoming common.

Picked this up from the CLR site and thought I would share it. Everyone has how they want to be paid when selling, some want personal check and some USPS Money Order.

"Also be aware the bank may credit your account after about 5 days, but can still come back at you up to 25 days on a bad check This bit of info from a member on the Colt Forum. BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!"

Shipping soon after a check clears may not be wise unfortunately. Seems now a USPS money order might be better.

Keep some powder, Ball, caps and Flint around on the side. It just might be the currency of the Future....
When it come to firearms and ammo as the “currency of the future” mine is modern firearms and ammo and not for barter, just sayin’. Sad times we live in. I’m sure I am one of the “uninformed” but I see crypto currency as another way for the government to control our lives. I will now remove my “tin hat” and go back to dreaming of new Muzzleloaders

USPS money order is a good way to go. I will remember that on my next sale.

Thats why many forums are requiring a 25 post min before they can list anything in the classifieds. That only slightly delays the POS scammer though.
Also why the authentication paper in the photo. It's very rare that the person has the item for sale and simply takes the money and doesn't ship.

LD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back