• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stupid Question/Poll about REAL Black Powder Sales

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akapennypincher

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Where you live, or with in 50 Miles is there a Sporting Goods Store, Gun Shop, or other Place you can walk into and Purchase REAL Black Powder by the 1# Can.

I ask this question as in AZ Currently there is no Retailer of Real Black Powder in our state, as local regulation make the sale of REAL Black Powder a nightmare for business owners.
:bull:

I can buy from a local gun shop, or drive around 50 miles to the Maine powder house in Perue Maine and buy much cheaper. Of course I need to buy in 25 lb lots

Yes there are. There is one place about 12 miles and another about 60 miles from me where i can go to buy Real black powder..

Only about 250 miles so I order mine also. There is a rumor of a gun shop about 115 miles but I haven't found it. fox:thumbsup:

Forgot deep South Texas

in NYS it's getting tougher and tougher....laws past make it tough for a gun shop to keep it so honowmer's like me want to stock up and keep LOTS in their houses because they can't buy it at the store...hey that law worked real good didn't it :youcrazy:

Not that I know of. The last one quit carrying it about three years ago because of pressure from the ATF. :hmm:

As I live on the Vermont, New Hampshire border, there are two gunshops, in New Hampshire, about fifteen minutes from my home, where I can purchase real Goex Black Powder. I consider myself fortunate, after reading on some posts how far some have to travel to purchase black powder.

I have one shop near St. Louis, about a half hours drive, and Grafs in Mexico MO, which is about an hour and a half.

No the nearest place is just over 50 miles, but its a manure shoot whether they have any or not. The nearest place I can count on to have it is 2 hours away.

Sad, I fondly remember the old "Chicago Gun Center" on Armitage Ave back in the 60's. Could walk in there and buy most anything neeeded in the way of guns and such, and they had the handgun range down in the basement.

I have two places to buy from right now. One is a 30 minute drive, the other is about 50 minutes.

HistoryBuff

Barely, it's 45 miles to the nearest black powder. I had to go there the other day because I'd ran out of #11 caps. All the closer stores were out 'til muzzleloader season rolls around again.

the place that i can buy BP is about 40 miles
away, but with traffic it seems like 100.

i like to start out at 6am, & get there before
they open, & then fight my way home.

TANSTAAFL said:
Sad, I fondly remember the old "Chicago Gun Center" on Armitage Ave back in the 60's. Could walk in there and buy most anything neeeded in the way of guns and such, and they had the handgun range down in the basement.
Technically, Chicago is +60mi from me... :winking:

Plus I hate the drive in. Emporer Daley and his pet Governor won't let me carry my hardware. :cursing:

Not a hope. And if I could payment would require the surrendering of a limb.

cheers

J

Back