• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

This years Deer...Picture.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halftail

58 Cal.
Reaction score
First off.I like the new forum.I also see there are others that have their deer posted here but I haven't got chance to drool over their photos and storys yet.Here is my kill for this year...
2e2823bf.jpg

Similar to last years Buck but I got him 2 weeks earlier.I was walking a ridge not far from my hunting camp.A good spot to hunt and I only walked 300 yards in 2 hours,when this little guy appeared from out of a thicket that I was just entering.He was 20 feet from me when I first saw him and I let him walk to within 15.We were both still in some pretty heavy brush so I figured I'd still go for a heart shot(I'm not a big fan of making neck shots on moving deer).
I squeezed when things were lined up good and Roar with a puff of smoke he was a stumbling off to the North.I could tell he was having trouble,then I heard a crash.He went 40 yards then piled up in the same spot I killed a larger buck 3 years ago.100 grains of 3f and my .490 PRB out of my Little New Englander Done the Job again.It's my 6th deer with that gun.
Deer aren't that plenty up here and Hunters are so If the chance comes along to kill one I take it.Looks like I'm hunting Bear the rest of the season. :v

Erastus,
I'm considering taking my flintlock this week when I go.Not 100% sure yet though.

Your right,the round ball never even destroyed even a cup full of meat.I was amazed.The last Buck I shot was hit in the same place and there was much Bloodshot meat.I've "corned" a bucket of Ribs and cut much of the rest up into steaks,except for a roast or two.

Halftail said:
Erastus,
I'm considering taking my flintlock this week when I go.Not 100% sure yet though.

Definately take your flintlock! Two years ago I went on my first Canadian black bear hunt & I made up my mind that I was going to use my flint T/C Renegade. I ended up going by myself because everyone else canceled out, but I still used the flinter. It sure gave a sense of pride & accomplishment when I squeezed the trigger & harvested my first bear the way that our ancestors had to do it. Go for it! You won't regret it.
:thumbsup:

I'm leaning more and more towards the flintlock.I'm not going to be able to get away till this evening so I'll check the weather and see what the forecast is for the next few day before I make my mind up.

Latest posts

Back