• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Hawken Year of Manufacture

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwolf

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Somewhere I thought we had a thread estimating T/C YOM based on serial numbers. I can't find it using the search function so I thought I'd ask you guys to see if you remember it. :hmm:

I believe the date of manufacture is either the first two numbers of the serial number or the last two numbers :)

The yom being part of the serial number is a CVA inline thing, but I don't think it is a TC thing.

Folks can call TC but don't be surprised when they say they can't help you.

As I recall the serial number records were among the things that were lost in the fire.

Somewhere I thought we had a thread estimating T/C YOM based on serial numbers.

There's been lots of palavers about it, but the YOM estimates have been just speculation based on documented acqisitions by members (ie, members who have receipts, not just from memory). Problem with that is first purchase date can be years after MFG date of the firearm.

I believe the date of manufacture is either the first two numbers of the serial number or the last two numbers :)

Not so.

Call T/C at: 603-332-2333 with your serial# & they will give you the info you seek.

Don't hold your breath. Common reply from TC is all muzzleloader records were lost in the plant fire, so they don't know for rifles built before it.

Latest posts

Back