• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did pick up a fair amount of range lead before others got there today. Want to go back real early one morning to find some more. Seems to be plenty of it laying around. Never casted round balls before, only Maxi Balls. So I’m looking forward to it.

You're killing me, Smalls.

First they tell me they are running early. Yay for me. I really want to try that Swiss powder for the first time and the weather has been perfect.
Then when the package doesn't show up Thursday, they tell me they are running on time and it will be here today.
Then when it doesn't show up today, and I called and was told FedEx Ground delivers Sat and Sun... this is what I see next time I look:

View attachment 230531

And of course Monday I'll be heading out to buy my hunting license and doe permit at 11:00, the soonest I am able to because now we don't have to mail in our doe permit request. And I'll bet there's a line.

First world problems. I just hope the box is in good shape and I don't have a bunch of loose gunpowder in the box.

Rant over.

I did get my tracking from Track and the rifle and other stuff I ordered from them is estimated Tuesday. Thankfully UPS.
Geez, UPS ? Those turds sent my TOW package to Billings Mt. It took over a month to get sent back here. I told TOW never send any order of mine using them again

I attended a knife making class this weekend. I forged this one from 1084 steel with a curly maple handle. The blade was left with some scale on and the blade and given a nice gray patina to give the whole knife a nice aged look like a frontiersman's knife.. The blade was forged in the woodbury style with the tapered tang.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• woodbury knife.JPG
    woodbury knife.JPG
    987.2 KB · Views: 0
TAKE NOTE (Lots of them and read them). Loaded some BP 44.40s rounds up today. Haven't loaded any for about nine years. Guess what ? I stuffed the crimp up as I always used to. Then I remembered the notes I took nine years ago that cured my of the problem back then. So I dug my old diary out and read . . . "Seat the bullet half way through the crimp groove with no added crimp. Test the loaded round in the cylinder (with the cylinder out of the gun). If the loaded round drops into the cylinder fully, ad a quarter turn on the crimp die and try in the cylinder again. Repeat as needed, but adjust slowly. If the loaded rounds don't fit in the cylinder when you've finished, then revert back to head scratching." Made up a couple of test dummies that fit perfictly. I guess this is why I took the notes in the first place.

Just got back from spending a couple of nights solo in the bush. I camped under some scraggly gums, right next to the water's edge of an earth tank. Both animals were taken from the flap of the little tent (hardly hunting). The 54 Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken did its job on both occasions, using round ball and real black. I was going to stay out longer, but the fog rolled in each morning, staying thick, only burning off at 11 o'clock! Still, that's winter in North Queensland highlands; wonderful.

Check out the little joey kangaroo. They rolled in each evening just before sunset, the little fella not even getting out of the pouch to drink. Now, that's style! 👍

Pete

pig1.jpg

chital1.jpg

emu1.jpg

pair1.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from spending a couple of nights solo in the bush. I camped under some scraggly gums, right next to the water's edge of an earth tank. Both animals were taken from the flap of the little tent (hardly hunting). The 54 Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken did its job on both occasions, using round ball and real black. I was going to stay out longer, but the fog rolled in each morning, staying thick, only burning off at 11 o'clock! Still, that's winter in North Queensland highlands; wonderful.

Check out the little joey kangaroo. They rolled in each evening just before sunset, the little fella not even getting out of the pouch to drink. Now, that's style! 👍

Pete

View attachment 231095
View attachment 231099
View attachment 231100
View attachment 231101
That's totally awesome, Aussie. And you also have yourself a very nice looking rifle as well.

Geez, UPS ? Those turds sent my TOW package to Billings Mt. It took over a month to get sent back here. I told TOW never send any order of mine using them again

FedEx. They are the worse in my area. Never the same driver twice it seems.
But this time the package was caught in the last stop vortex.

Pete

View attachment 231095
View attachment 231099
View attachment 231100
View attachment 231101
What’s the animal in the second picture.

FedEx. They are the worse in my area. Never the same driver twice it seems.
But this time the package was caught in the last stop vortex.
You know i have had real good luck with FedEx & UPS locally. The big screw up was that Dist. center earth mound or whatever they call it out from ST. Louis.

You know i have had real good luck with FedEx & UPS locally. The big screw up was that Dist. center earth mound or whatever they call it out from ST. Louis.

We'll see what happens today.
This time it actually says it is out for delivery and not just will be delivered between this time and that time.
I'll probably be standing in line for my hunting license when they get here...

I'm going to try to squeeze those milk jug shots out of my Traditions Tenn today, too.
I just need to figure out how I'm going to keep everything on the same plane without having my Polaris Ranger anymore.

Latest posts

Back