• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished gathering all my muzzleloaders and support stuff from the living space of my wifes house, and put it in the attic/ upstairs that gets it out of sight.
sitting and having my first cup of coffee this morning, i made the mistake of complaining about her throwing some old boiled eggs out on the lawn. " I have to clean up that stuff and you are always doing it" says I.
ever see beautiful blue eyes turn red and fire shoot out?
"do you really want to go there about leaving a mess to be cleaned up?" says she.
only took 4 hours to move stuff from the best corners of the house.
maybe i will go shoot something.
Dad used to say the Lord gave you two ears and one mouth. Remember the ratio when you go to use them.

I'm a sucker for tomahawks. I spotted a economy poll head on line, and picked up a haft for it. The head wasn't drifted properly for a tomahawk handle, me and Mr. Dremel corrected that. I blued the head, fitted and finished the haft. I'm debating a wrap, but I don't want to cover up any of the nice maple. I haven't properly driven on the head, it has to be sharpened, and the haft has to be finished some more. Thanks for looking!

1640685-334331d90731cbe6a4c2a3bf4b43dacc.jpg
1640686-941f3b13ea444f454ff496fe1251305f.jpg
1640688-d4f5090ddcd6c9455ad207be67ed5e08.jpg
1640689-8d954f5e5650d6c43a36cfa7b7fc5218.jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

had been on a Muzzleloader meeting last weekend,
sold one knife and bought a Armi sport Le Page pistol, did shooting in competion but not good.
take a look at the participants of the wilderness skills contest the stage with making fire and prepare a trout was nice.
oBild1.jpg

oBild2.jpg

oBild3.jpg

the young Lady performed very well.

That's a small Chital deer hind, Walt53. They are also known as Axis deer. They were introduced here back in the late 1800s from India. They are a very pretty species, small in stature compared to a lot of other deer. A male Chital can reach about 85 kilos. The females average at 60 kilos. This one yielded 35 kilos of various cuts. She will make excellent eating, lean and clean to the palate, no gamey taint that can be produced by rutting stags or milky does.

Pete

View attachment 231233
Thier antlers also make great knife handles!!

Here's a good one gang, I just got kicked off the ebay for breaking rules again. It's an old Wad cutter. I think someone has it out for me. What a laugh. Will probably re list as a paper punch.

Attachments

• 20230627_091916.jpg
    20230627_091916.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230627_091926.jpg
    20230627_091926.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230627_091937.jpg
    20230627_091937.jpg
    832.5 KB · Views: 0
Here's a good one gang, I just got kicked off the ebay for breaking rules again. It's an old Wad cutter. I think someone has it out for me. What a laugh. Will probably re list as a paper punch.
Etsy recently took down oak ball starters I make. Made completely of oak with an antler button on the leather lanyard. Told me in an email that I violated community standards by listing a dangerous weapon that fires ammunition or contains explosives. Next "violation" gets my account terminated. Of course no opportunity for me to make my case.

Last edited:
Etsy recently took down oak ball starters I make. Made completely of oak with an antler button on the leather lanyard. Told me in an email that I violated community standards by listing a dangerous weapon that fires ammunition or contains explosives. Next "violation" gets my account terminated. Of course no opportunity for me to make my case. Commies...
😯

If it is of any solace, I never deal with etsy because of the way they set up their site.
Neat pictures, but too much click-bait, it seems. Too confusing to bother with.
IMHO. YMMV.
I don't like either of the sites but opened my stores several years ago and, until the Dems wrecked the economy, was making a decent living there. Guess I'm gonna set up my own site and start selling there and maybe forums like this one. Can't stand the thought of financially supporting folks like that.

Ever since @Phil Coffins posted the palm saver he made some months ago I’ve been wanting to make one too. I had a fair sized antler base that I had cut most of the tines off so I trimmed it up, sanded the base and rough spots and drilled a rod hole. Wiped it down with some old stain rags I keep in a container. Fits comfortably in your palm. Also lengthened the straps on the Crazy Crow canvas bag a bought a few weeks ago. I like my bags to hang at waist level and it was a little short. I used a section of a leather belt. The belt had mysteriously shrunk over the years and wouldn’t fit around my waist any more. ;)

I think I’m caught up on side projects now, so I’ll start polishing the brass for the Woodsrunner build.

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpeg
    IMG_2188.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2190.jpeg
    IMG_2190.jpeg
    806.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2191.jpeg
    IMG_2191.jpeg
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2192.jpeg
    IMG_2192.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Ever since @Phil Coffins posted the palm saver he made some months ago I’ve been wanting to make one too. I had a fair sized antler base that I had cut most of the tines off so I trimmed it up, sanded the base and rough spots and drilled a rod hole. Wiped it down with some old stain rags I keep in a container. Fits comfortably in your palm. Also lengthened the straps on the Crazy Crow canvas bag a bought a few weeks ago. I like my bags to hang at waist level and it was a little short. I used a section of a leather belt. The belt had mysteriously shrunk over the years and wouldn’t fit around my waist any more. ;)

I think I’m caught up on side projects now, so I’ll start polishing the brass for the Woodsrunner build.
Great job on both.

Sweet !!!

That second antler picture looks like a homade apple pie. Yum yum.

Latest posts

Back