• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your work is great. I'm inspired to give beadwork a try when that old winter gloom sets in.
Thank you for the kind words. I find it is a good way to relax and it also keeps me from doing things that I get in trouble for. I see you are from Colorado. I was a member of the St Vrain Muzzle Loading Club out of Longmont, CO and shot with the Buckhorn Skinners out of Masonville back in the 70s-90s.

I was thinking of swapping the thimbles out on this Kentucky but the alternates look a little clunky. As much as attaching the stock ones with screws offends, it is what it is!

20231009_101404_copy_800x273.jpg
20231009_101514_copy_800x208.jpg

I finished up two knife sheaths this weekend.
The Sheath #10 photo is a Crow inspired pattern beaded on red trade wool and saddle stitched with a poly thread that was recommended by Tandy Leather. I did not use a welt in the area under the tacks but glued that section so the blade shouldn't come in contact with the tacks. I annealed the tacks, so they were easier to clench on the backside. The length of the case is 12 inches.

Sheath #11 is inspired by a Cree Knife case. it is 11" in length and beaded on deer which is covering a rawhide case.
I’ll say it again you do beautiful work and must the patience of a I don’t know what .👍

Careful using that bad word, "assault", might get something started. Hopefully nobody using this forum will get their undies in a twist!
Hopefully gun people recognize it as a legitimate firearm type descriptor invented by the Germans in WWII with the StG44 or SturmGewehr 44, which translates into English as "assault rifle" of 1944. I have no problem with the "assault" moniker, as it's accepted worldwide as a term for a battle rifle, and it's only in the U.S. where certain parties like to redefine terms to mean something bad.

Now that's gotta beat a loading block! 😀
"Longcruse" I see you have the Colorado State Muzzleloading Association listed on your reply. I was one of a half dozen that rebuilt this group in 1973 (was about to go under with less than a dozen or so members). Still low in numbers from the earlier year when over 1,200 dues paying members, but it has started to grow again. Fun times ...

I finished up two knife sheaths this weekend.
The Sheath #10 photo is a Crow inspired pattern beaded on red trade wool and saddle stitched with a poly thread that was recommended by Tandy Leather. I did not use a welt in the area under the tacks but glued that section so the blade shouldn't come in contact with the tacks. I annealed the tacks, so they were easier to clench on the backside. The length of the case is 12 inches.

Sheath #11 is inspired by a Cree Knife case. it is 11" in length and beaded on deer which is covering a rawhide case.
Nice work Sir.

Today my son and I attended the offhand meat match at my club that we practiced for yesterday (his first shooting match). We had a great time and he did pretty well! I won 2 of the 12 rounds and got 10 packs of good meat out of it. It was especially satisfying that we were shooting the .490 and .530 balls we made together a couple weeks ago! It was a good day.
That's one shoot you will remember in years to come, keep him involved Sir.

What am I doing wrong? I posted pics and narrative in the percussion section yesterday, but it did not show up in new posts. WV percussion gun, Im looking for but Im not convinced everyone is seeing it.

Latest posts

Back