• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

July 4 is National Sidewalk Egg Frying Day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, With that kind of shooting, I think I'd forego the patched RB and just continue what you're doing. Btw, when we moved upstate NY, those pistols were very popular seeing as Numrich Arms in West Hurley, NY was nearby.
Thanks Maven - I still think I might get even better accuracy with a patched ball, but with only 20 gr of 2F it probably wasn't going fast enough to jump the rifling!

I have it soaking in Kroil now - trying to remove the trigger pin.

Nice summer day here in the heartland.
Off hand .40 flintlock poor boy
Was happy until I completely whiffed my 3rd shot.
20240708_162604.jpg

How does one join in on the fun?
Welcome! Simply download the target and shoot it whenever you can. Then complete the information on the target and take a picture of it (with your equipment in the picture if possible) and post it in the thread. At the end of the month I tabulate the results and post them here for everyone to admire (or not!)

All for fun and price is free!

Welcome! Simply download the target and shoot it whenever you can. Then complete the information on the target and take a picture of it (with your equipment in the picture if possible) and post it in the thread. At the end of the month I tabulate the results and post them here for everyone to admire (or not!)

All for fun and price is free!
Thank you. I will take part. Have a wonderful day.

Shot with the Treaty Oak Boys down in Jacksonville. Completed my day by shooting the egg. My old Golcher, rear action, 45 cal., dates to early or mid 1800’s. 30 grains of OE, .440” ball, .015 ticking, Hoppes BP lube, off hand. 19 for sure! Needed a yoke from an ostrich egg for score!

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpeg
    IMG_0267.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Back