• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel Hunting- The Traditional Way Book

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my book today! Thanks Ed! Looking forward to reading this. 🐿️ @ETipp

Attachments

• 2AC0274C-2CBE-4E07-B837-A5C8F456EA87.jpeg
    2AC0274C-2CBE-4E07-B837-A5C8F456EA87.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 4
Very enjoyable read.
I like the way Ed puts into words.
I've hunted squirrel since I was a kid, using muzzleloaders since 1998. I picked up alot good pointers and information from Ed personally and with his book. I know he likes to help folks, this book will help alot of experienced and beginners if we as whole, let's folks know about it. Pass the Word.

Yep, as you read this book you kinda start feeling like you know Ed personally. Which wouldn't be a bad thing. Still have a little ways to get before I'm done as life is very hectic right now. But as soon as I'm done I'm sure I'll be looking forward to reading it again this fall. Sitting in my chair out in the woods with either a thermos of muddy water or a dip of snuff. Or both... Ed, having this book means alot to me. I love a good book, specially one written by someone you kinda know... Thanks for the effort.

Yep, as you read this book you kinda start feeling like you know Ed personally. Which wouldn't be a bad thing. Still have a little ways to get before I'm done as life is very hectic right now. But as soon as I'm done I'm sure I'll be looking forward to reading it again this fall. Sitting in my chair out in the woods with either a thermos of muddy water or a dip of snuff. Or both... Ed, having this book means alot to me. I love a good book, specially one written by someone you kinda know... Thanks for the effort.
You are welcome, Tim. Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it my friend.

Hello ETipp,

Hope all is well.

I am enjoying my copy of your book. Do you have any more for sale? I need one for my BIL. He's an avid hunter who is having some serious health issues. Hoping your fine book will keep him motivated to get out and hunt this fall. It will do him good.

BTW, pic attached of my new (to me) squirrel rig, a 36-caliber percussion. Looking forward to using it for fall squirrel season in VA.
.36 CALIBER CAP LOCK.jpg

Hello ETipp,

Hope all is well.

I am enjoying my copy of your book. Do you have any more for sale? I need one for my BIL. He's an avid hunter who is having some serious health issues. Hoping your fine book will keep him motivated to get out and hunt this fall. It will do him good.

BTW, pic attached of my new (to me) squirrel rig, a 36-caliber percussion. Looking forward to using it for fall squirrel season in VA.
View attachment 336309
It's real good book for sure.

Fine looking rifle ya got there.
Who's the builder of it?
Or what brand is it?

Hope the best for your BIL.

Hello ETipp,

Hope all is well.

View attachment 336309
Very fine looking squirrel tool you got yourself there. Congrats.

Yes, I have more books. Please contact me via PM on here and we can take care of the particulars.

It's real good book for sure.

Fine looking rifle ya got there.
Who's the builder of it?
Or what brand is it?

Hope the best for your BIL.
That's a Joe Schell rifle, I am very fortunate to own it.

Thanks for the best wishes for my BIL. He is keeping positive, but treatments have limited how much hunting and fishing he can do. Hoping some good reading material will help him. And prayers of course.

And by the way, ETipps book is everything I had hoped for. He lives a subject that I only experience a couple of times a year.

Hello ETipp,

Hope all is well.

View attachment 336309
That is a great looking setup. Very capable. I'm thinking we need an additional thread, not about hunting, but about our squirrel rigs. Always cool to see what other guys are using.

That is a great looking setup. Very capable. I'm thinking we need an additional thread, not about hunting, but about our squirrel rigs. Always cool to see what other guys are using.
Tim,

I agree a squirrel rig thread would be interesting, I think many of us would enjoy that.

How about an eastern squirrel hunting rendezvous? I would retire to participate in that!

Tim,

I agree a squirrel rig thread would be interesting, I think many of us would enjoy that.

How about an eastern squirrel hunting rendezvous? I would retire to participate in that!
Actually I’ve been trying to put one of those together for a few months now. In fact, as I type this my arms are leaning against a forest map. Been studying it for the last two days.

I went to one place a couple months ago but it wasn’t good. I plan on scoping out another place next week. Then, there’s yet another location farther south that I need to check out. It’s big time way out yonder for this part of the country.

Don’t know how many of you would be willing to make it, however.

Last edited:
Actually I’ve been trying to put one of those together for a few months now. In fact, as I type this my arms are leaning against a forest map. Been studying it for the last two days.

I went to one place a couple months ago but it wasn’t good. I plan on scoping out another place next week. Then, there’s yet another location farther south that I need to check out. It’s big time way out younger for this part of the country.

Don’t know how many of you would be willing to make it, however.
I'd be interested. Might be max fun.

Latest posts

Back