• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trying to understand this “short arbor” on Uberti revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, now it's starting to make sense. Heavier powder charge and bullet more recoil and possible movement of cylinder, barrel etc. Gotcha, and since my revolver has held up all these years , in my case it's not a big concern.

OK, now it's starting to make sense. Heavier powder charge and bullet more recoil and possible movement of cylinder, barrel etc. Gotcha, and since my revolver has held up all these years , in my case it's not a big concern.

Exactly. If it's OK with you then there's no problem. But at least now you know ( yer edgumacated!!).

Mike

Exactly. If it's OK with you then there's no problem. But at least now you know ( yer edgumacated!!).

Mike
Hi Mike I have my Col 2nd Gen 1851 Navy boxed up, i just have to get a box to fit it all in, and I will be shipping it on out to you.

And yes,.. to the other guys…so far i have had a Uberti Whitneyville Dragoon, and from what I saw..The arbor was short, my Colt 2nd Gen 1851 Navy is really bad…they dried the barrel out soo far that they actually broke through into the loading lever recess..Thats on its way to Mike for a Complete Fix, rebuild ,tuning, upgrade..(Make it actually work) service..

Of course there are variables ..my Colt 2nd Gen 3rd model Dragoon, is still short but is the closest I’ve seen so far.Ive made a shim of .010” that filled the gap…But these pistols I think should absolutely be fit, end to end

To get a Positive connection of the barrel to the frame, the barrel needs to have something to “Push” against…a wall…like the face of the arbor..not to rely on a Taperd arbor ,and a tight “For now” fitting wedge, and barrel lug.

If we can get the barrel lug, to have a nice solid connection, as well as the (Arbor too arbor bore fit) .then the wedge now has Support in itself..if your shoe fits correctly just about right up to your toe, then you will have the best course of mobility , by way of support

If you wear clown shoes, then imagine tripping up all over yourself.In the case of most of these pistols as it turns out.They are wearing size 13”s when they need an size 11

Back