• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To finish the day I disassembled the Kibler lock and started the polishing process on the external parts. Got half of the cock done and about 90% of the lock plate done. Decided to knock off for the day. I’m tired and it’s time for an adult beverage of my choice.

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2206.jpeg
    IMG_2206.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Even though there was quite a bit of wildfire smoke in the air from Canada, we decided to grill out on this pleasant evening. I didn't want to waste perfectly good hot coals so I threw a couple of char tins on the coals to make batches of char cloth.

Attachments

• chartins.JPG
    chartins.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Even though there was quite a bit of wildfire smoke in the air from Canada, we decided to grill out on this pleasant evening. I didn't want to waste perfectly good hot coals so I threw a couple of char tins on the coals to make batches of char cloth.
Every time we cookout my grandson starts the fire with his flint and steel and charcloth and we also burn a tin of cloth for his stock and his Boy Scout troop.

Since the previous thread was shut down (locked) by our new moderator, I thought I would start one up again, as per the suggestion.
So, let's get this thread going again, and share your muzzleloading related adventures of the day!
Attached my new Peep sight thanks to Tom a Hawk and my 54 Woods Runner loves it and I do too!!/Ed

After doing nothing on the Woodsrunner for a few days having taken some time off to go to the 50th High School Reunion this weekend, I got back to working on the carvings, cutting in a line on the cheek piece, cleaning up and adding depth to the entry pipe carving. I had to give up on it as I was losing feeling in my hand. Earlier in the day, I was working on cleaning up the entry pipe carving and lost the sun due to a local pop-up thunderstorm.

Speaking of the reunion, I could not believe how many old people were there! 😲

The Doc is out now. 😎 (And reading the pages I missed here)

I spent the afternoon putting all my ML stuff back in my house. We had a big brush fire here yesterday that was threatening houses and horse properties where I live. They evacuated about 1,100 people and told us we could be next, so I packed up the truck with important papers, scrips, meds, food, water, clothes, and my ML stuff. They got a handle on it, and we didn’t have to bug out, but it was close, about 3 miles due west. I have bug out bags set up for everything so all I had to do was throw it in the truck, but I don’t for the ML stuff due to the way I store it, so I had to wrap it up in blankets, boxes, and bags. Today when we got the all clear I put it all back. Would much rather have been shooting it than packing and un-packing it.

Be safe,
R

Took one last trip to the barn to look in some other crates back there. I found a little machine tool kit with some good looking hollow ground flat head bits along with a bunch of other nice looking bits. Also found a set of needle files that had some rust but worked fine expanding my rear sight on my Pietta Navy. Found a bottle of T7 Black Powder solvent that I think someone bought to use on the lower end of a flat head. It looks unopened.

Got my new unfinished grips and played with them and they need much more work but I like them.

Somehow broke my Pietta Navy. Not sure how. I didn't shoot it. I may have damaged something forcing the grip or maybe something else. All the screws were loose on it and I lost a trigger guard screw I assume yesterday while shooting it. I have no first position. No half cock. No free wheel. Just straight to second position and then full. Locks up fine but it is messed up.

Just watched like 5 videos on how to disassemble.

I am going in. Wish me luck.

I spent the afternoon putting all my ML stuff back in my house. We had a big brush fire here yesterday that was threatening houses and horse properties where I live. They evacuated about 1,100 people and told us we could be next, so I packed up the truck with important papers, scrips, meds, food, water, clothes, and my ML stuff. They got a handle on it, and we didn’t have to bug out, but it was close, about 3 miles due west. I have bug out bags set up for everything so all I had to do was throw it in the truck, but I don’t for the ML stuff due to the way I store it, so I had to wrap it up in blankets, boxes, and bags. Today when we got the all clear I put it all back. Would much rather have been shooting it than packing and un-packing it.

Be safe,
R
Glad you didn't lose your stuff. I like to keep stuff stored in different locations because you never know what might happen.

Back