• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorted lock castings...
20230619_194637.jpg

Well... These are going to different places. These are French double pistol locks, almost 4" long. Right & left. I have the molds but did not cast these. Not all the parts are shown.

... created this powder measure as a dodge to delay the inevitable curtain hanging project the Mrs. has planned for me.

It's graduated to handle 20 - 70 gr. of 3F.

Edit:
I'm editing this post to say "Thank You!" to all who have clicked the "Like" button and to add some pictures that may give some insight to how this was made. Please note, I am not a machinist - however, I do have a lathe, knee-mill and a rotary table that will mount to the mill bed vertically or horizontally.
I started with two pieces of brass bar stock. One, 3/4" dia., the other was 1/2" dia. Setting up the rotary table in the vertical position provided the means to cut the flats on the barrel. The barrel was drilled, then bored as smooth as my boring bar would allow - no reamer. The plunger was turned down to the bores diameter, then fitted so that it just passed through the bore. Final finishing of the plunger came after the flat and thumb-screw keyway had been milled and after the notches had been cut in with a X-acto saw blade. The little "rosette" at the top of the plunger was done by using a ball end mill incorrectly - it looked kinda neat so I let it stay... The granular delineations(?) came from numerous/ tedious comparisons to a known scale.
You have an artistic bent with your mechanical talents!

Got to go to the range, fired off my kentucky 45cal rifle and the 58 remington repo. Targets were ok, but reflecting on them I believe I can say I"m either as good as the fellows shooting their scoped AR's or their as bad as me with my iron sights.

Uh oh wife just saw on the “news” that tomorrow will be record high temperature!! The media says so!!
Hope they don’t cancel the rendezvous because it is going to be….make sure you are sitting down…..83F.

Climate change….won’t someone stop it??

:)
Don't worry, Greta and Al are on it... Don't let a little heat wreck your awesome weekend.

Picked up 3 yards of red stripe pillow ticking today…
OMG😲 The experts will say you should have gone with blue stripe ticking!! I mean after all 150 years of building and shooting experience blue stripe is the only way to go!. I know everything there is to know and then some about muzzleloading!!! 😀😁😂😃😄😅😆😉😉😉

Back