• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m working on my third scrimshawed horn. This is a work in progress and was inspired by the “Eversley horn”, showing plans of Havana and Matanzas harbors.

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1280.jpeg
    IMG_1280.jpeg
Very nice... I hate to be negative, but, where's the scrimshaw?

Bucket-o'-fish!

🤣 🤣 🤣
Ha ha yeah, after doing a lil scrim on my cow horn, I figured, yeah not again lol. Too much for me. Too much finger cramping… @Idahomie ‘s horn looks unbelievably awesome 👏😎

Ha ha yeah, after doing a lil scrim on my cow horn, I figured, yeah not again lol. Too much for me. Too much finger cramping… @Idahomie ‘s horn looks unbelievably awesome 👏😎
Why thank you! Yeah… scrimshaw’s not for the faint of heart. Between the neck cramping and constant numbness/tingling in my right hand, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s something I’ll be able to continue long term. I’ve tried using a Dremel in the past on one of my horns in order to give me some relief, but I wasn’t particularly happy with the results. You simply can’t achieve the same delicate lines as you can with a scribe or sewing needle.

I love your horn. Maybe we could trade a powder horn for some custom scrimshaw work? Not to hijack the thread, but here’s a couple others I’ve done.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
  • IMG_0784.jpeg
    IMG_0784.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0785.jpeg
    IMG_0785.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Went to a black powder shoot put on by the Native Sons of the Golden West. I was asked to help at the gunsmith bench and was glad to do so since I can’t shoot yet. There were at least 60 shooters on the line making smoke. I was able to help lots of folks with their guns, it was great. It was great to see like minded folks having fun. Plenty of nice hardware to look at. I left my phone in the truck, so I’m sorry no pictures. But trust me, these California people can shoot!

Latest posts

Back