• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm doing the same thing today that I did yesterday, waiting for a package from FedEx to be delivered that wasn't even put on the truck for delivery :rolleyes:
Terrible tracking system. How can they be telling me between 10:10 and 2:10 if it isn't even in my state yet?

Oh, and I ordered a Lyman Trade Rifle from TOTW :D

Back to horn making and scratching. This will be a map horn , methinks.

Attachments

• IMG_9357.jpeg
    IMG_9357.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
My old two boys and I spent time Friday and Saturday cutting Osage for bow billets! We hope to have some to sell on a blanket at Friendship in the fall! They will still need to cure but it also helps keeps their interest!
Wonderful to have your kids interested and involved! I’m working on mine, making a bit of progress as time goes on.

Wonderful to have your kids interested and involved! I’m working on mine, making a bit of progress as time goes on.
It is! The older two that are helping me cut staves really don’t need much encouragement! The older one enjoys shooting traditional bows more and the younger one enjoys shooting traditional muzzleloaders more. But they both shoot bow and muzzleloader. Yesterday they finished peeling the bark and sap wood off the last few staves we split last week.

Building a Philadelphia derringer
Almost done
Carved stock.
Took markings off of barrel.
Browned barrel.
Almost ready to assemble
Takes time...

Attachments

• VID_20230622_185431.mp4
    26.6 MB
  • VID_20230619_143541.mp4
    20.7 MB
  • VID_20230617_162553.mp4
    44.9 MB
  • VID_20230617_155925.mp4
    11.3 MB
  • VID_20230617_151738.mp4
    22.5 MB
  • VID_20230617_151413.mp4
    25.9 MB
I needed a new truck to carry all my M.L. supplies so I went to my ford dealer to get one. It didn't take me long before I spotted a nice 250 and it had all the bells and whistles as well. I knew right off I was getting it. The salesman came out and asked how did I like it and started showing me all the doo-dads that I woulf never use. I was just a second from pulling the trigger when I spotted the price tag. I had never seen so many figures in a row since I was in the service.$72000.00 and change. I told the salesman I couldn't use it because it was the wrong color. LOL!

just finished gathering all my muzzleloaders and support stuff from the living space of my wifes house, and put it in the attic/ upstairs that gets it out of sight.
sitting and having my first cup of coffee this morning, i made the mistake of complaining about her throwing some old boiled eggs out on the lawn. " I have to clean up that stuff and you are always doing it" says I.
ever see beautiful blue eyes turn red and fire shoot out?
"do you really want to go there about leaving a mess to be cleaned up?" says she.
only took 4 hours to move stuff from the best corners of the house.
maybe i will go shoot something.

Did some more practice carving this afternoon. Mainly went over previous work and tried to clean them up and make them a bit more symmetrical. Added a few things too. I ordered a carving DVD and some photo CD’s week before last but still don’t have them. Guess the vendors went to Friendship. Thanks to @Century to late I have 2 more practice stocks, but I don’t want to waste them until I do more studying. I think I’m making some progress and I’m starting to see the mistakes. There’s a bunch.

Attachments

• IMG_2132.jpeg
    IMG_2132.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2133.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2134.jpeg
    IMG_2134.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2138.jpeg
    IMG_2138.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
just finished gathering all my muzzleloaders and support stuff from the living space of my wifes house, and put it in the attic/ upstairs that gets it out of sight.
sitting and having my first cup of coffee this morning, i made the mistake of complaining about her throwing some old boiled eggs out on the lawn. " I have to clean up that stuff and you are always doing it" says I.
ever see beautiful blue eyes turn red and fire shoot out?
"do you really want to go there about leaving a mess to be cleaned up?" says she.
only took 4 hours to move stuff from the best corners of the house.
maybe i will go shoot something.
Hope you don’t have to leave your stuff in the attic very long unless it’s conditioned.

Hope you don’t have to leave your stuff in the attic very long unless it’s conditioned.
thanks! it is a 12 x 30 finished room. bad part is the pull down ladder was much easier to climb 30 years ago when i built this house.
packing a box up, i tipped over a 50 rnd box of those funny things and they rained down onto the wood floor below. earned another growl!
i have used the upstairs room for my hobbies for 30 years and luckily the dragon won't climb the ladder!

That's pretty cool.
Is it actual size? It looks big in the pic.
Could I have the source?
It’s a little bigger than life size. Maybe like a big fox
Squirrel. Got it off amazon. Did a search for squirrel targets and there it was. Had to have it. Twerent cheap but money’s no object when it comes to hunting. Lol

thanks! it is a 12 x 30 finished room. bad part is the pull down ladder was much easier to climb 30 years ago when i built this house.
packing a box up, i tipped over a 50 rnd box of those funny things and they rained down onto the wood floor below. earned another growl!
i have used the upstairs room for my hobbies for 30 years and luckily the dragon won't climb the ladder!
That’s great. It’s a hard pill to swallow that climbing a ladder or attic stairs is such a conscious consideration now. Just the way it is I guess.

Back